PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety an losing all confidence!

jaynehal
11-05-12, 11:14
Hi there

I've been having bad health anxiety since my dad died 10 years ago, can't remember if I wad like this before he died but it has left me feeling horrible with this health anxiety

I have good and bad spells but recently I have been bad since oct 2011 which is a long time and really depressing me, just feel upset all the time :(

Anyway it seems now I feel ugly and have got little interest in doing things, wish this would stop but feel I'm always going to be plagued with HA

Having CBT but not helping as of yet, has anyone any good tips!

Thanks

Jayne x

Anxious_gal
11-05-12, 11:54
Your dads death could have triggered off your anxiety.
When my mum almost died from an illness, my health anxiety started then.
If I got any similar symptoms to the ones my mum had when she was ill, I'd get very scared.
If you have anxiety, you might be depressed too.

try omega 3 it can help with anxiety and depression.
Magnesium, vitamin D and the B vitamins can help too.

With me, I guess I keep telling myself I am fine and all the horrible things I thought/imagined would happen to me haven't :)

It's hard to accept that most of your symptoms are simply anxiety.

jaynehal
11-05-12, 13:05
Thanks for replying just feel alone alot and feel like I'm a nutter ha ha I'm only 31 and want to enjoy my life, but I can't :((
Xx

imissnotworrying
11-05-12, 15:12
Thanks for replying just feel alone alot and feel like I'm a nutter ha ha I'm only 31 and want to enjoy my life, but I can't :((
Xx

I'm 24 and I feel the same about wanting to enjoy life but not being able to. I feel like I'm wasting my youth but I can't fully get past freaking out about things. I'm so envious of people that don't have a health anxiety and can just live their lives without constantly worrying. When my anxiety gets really bad i get depressed. The only thing I've found to help so far is camomile tea as i mentioned (even if i have to drink a fair few cups) as it's calming to the mind and does help with some of the symptoms. Also any music you love listening to personally may help with moods? I find that can give me a lift at times. Meditation music can be good too. I used to listen to it a lot and I'd say I've been worse again since I haven't, so I think I'll start again. You're not alone :hugs:

miss sparkle
11-05-12, 16:41
Ah just wanted to say you are not alone.
I lost my dad 5 years ago and then my auntie last year, and that defiantly helped make me the nervous wreck i have became. I am 29 and feel 89 with the worries of the world on my shoulders. I keep thinking 'ok, IF i am healthy now, its not guaranteed to stay that way'
its ridiculous isn't it.
Sorry, haven't got any tips, as in same boat! :/
please message me if you feel you need to,

jaynehal
11-05-12, 17:58
Ah just wanted to say you are not alone.
I lost my dad 5 years ago and then my auntie last year, and that defiantly helped make me the nervous wreck i have became. I am 29 and feel 89 with the worries of the world on my shoulders. I keep thinking 'ok, IF i am healthy now, its not guaranteed to stay that way'
its ridiculous isn't it.
Sorry, haven't got any tips, as in same boat! :/
please message me if you feel you need to,

Thanks miss sparkle for the lovely reply, nice to hear from people in the same situation! Xx

hypozak
11-05-12, 23:21
We are all in this boat my one triggered due to waking up once and not being able to breath think it was sleep apneo one off. Find it hard to sleep at night sometimes always think im going to die living like this is terrible not sure what to say but your not alone. Feel free to contact me

katielou80
12-05-12, 07:46
im 31 too im plagued with ha. ive had cbt too, didnt work. its an awful thing to have and NOBODY understands i think about my health cancer etc 24/7 the only peace i get is when im asleep.i want my old life back. i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know what it feels like not to have HA. I look back now over the last 7 years and think ive just lost those years. at the moment i think i have ovarian cancer, due to feeling bloated etc a few months ago, which went away......surely it wouldnt go away if it was would it????? sorry im going on again. LOL. ALSO MY BACK HURTS AND MY PERIODS ARE SOMETIMES IRREGULAR. everyone thinks im nuts!!