PDA

View Full Version : Floatation Therapy any good?

kirstyxx1
11-05-12, 13:52
Hi all!
I have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks & bipolar disorder now for about 9 years. I have tryed a long list of different medications over the years but had no luck finding the right one for me yet! I have recently been looking at alternative therapy & come across flotation therapy. It all sounds quite promising for anyone that suffers similar symptoms as myself, but I would be greatful to get some first hand experience off anyone on here that has personally used them themselves & would like to hear your experiences before going ahead with it.
Many thanks
Kirsty:)

BobbyDog
12-05-12, 20:39
I had floatation therapy about 15 years ago, I had 3 sessions. The one I used was like a large shallow bath, they fill it with salt so that you float and play relaxing music, it would not be any good if you suffer from clostrophobia as you are in an exclosed space. Other places may differ from the one that I used.
It did relax me at the time, but had no lasting effect.
This was my personal experience.

kirstyxx1
14-05-12, 09:09
Hey BobbyDog- Thanks for your reply, much appreciate it!
have a good day
Kirst.

mandie
17-05-12, 22:47
Hi Kirsty

I have had a couple of flotations. I come out feeling very relaxed and the feeling lasted for hours. Like Bobby dog it didnt have a lasting effect but the feeling was great while it lasted

mandie x

kirstyxx1
23-05-12, 09:01
Hi Mandy! Thanks for your reply. I Think I will give it a go see what I think to it, suppose that is the best way!
Have a good day Kirst x

toshtao
24-05-12, 11:31
Flotation therapy, huh? That is new information for me. Similar to you Kirsty I have tried a number of medications over the years but they had little to no effect on me. My doctor told me I had a strong immune system, so I can only assume that is the reason why the medication is being rejected by it.

I haven't taken a real bath ever since I was a kid, always sticking to showers. I will give it a try when I am having a bad day.