PDA

View Full Version : sting in right hip bone

pearl79
11-05-12, 16:05
i have terrible back ache motly when i move, it seems to be more muscle and tendons nerves etc rather than joints, but i have this weird stinging in my hip bone at the front. i have the feeling of a really stiff back and when i move it is really tight nd the pain goes round to my right side, but i keep getting this really odd stinging feeling in my right hip. If you start at your belly button nd move toward the bone, thats where it is, right where you can feel the bone.
I keep saying to my mum that i think its cancer spreading.
I really waant to fine some one with the same feeling :(

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

starting to panic that no ones answering cuz its bad news and no one wants to say :(

imissnotworrying
11-05-12, 16:15
are you able to modify/change the pain with touch at all? like if you touch it or poke around or massage where you're having these sensations does it get any better or worse? does heat to the area help it? (i.e hot water bottle)

Dreamalittledream
12-05-12, 00:54
pearl79

I think I responded before about your hip pain, this is the exact sort of pain I have been getting with mine and yes it is improving with seeing the osteaopath. It is all the muscles and tendons that are super tight and sometimes in the wrong place.

My first session with my osteopath removed the ache that was along the lower back but the stings and hip pain are less but still there, it will take a few sessions for it to re-adjust as I have spent years getting my body to hold an incorrect position (hence why there was so much pain). The anxiety amplify's it as I was/am constantly tense.

He thinks mine probably goes back at least 4 years when I had an operation, apparently it is also common to get these things after having children, a car accident etc. Your body holds itself more carefully while you are healing, but it might not be held quite the right way, then something else happens and you adjust slightly (all pretty much subconsciously) and before you know it all your muscles and tendons are tense and in the wrong position...and funnily enough they hurt!

For me it was probably when I had my kidney removed, I probably held myself a certain way to protect my healing, then last year my injured knee flared up and so I had to walk differently...and I held that a certain way. They are all little seeming inconsequential things but combine them together and they led me to hip pain like you are describing.

Hope the exercises are helping.