PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Eclipse
07-07-06, 23:34
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself (would you believe I don't know what I'm doing and my face is flame red??)
I finally plucked up the courage to join a Social Anxiety forum recently and....there's been no activity on the site at all - no feedback, no personal welcome, nothing. As you can imagine, confidence took a nose dive & deserted me again but then I found this site & I couldn't believe how friendly everyone seemed, so I'm gritting my teeth & trying again!
You're going to have to forgive me if I'm doing this all wrong but you can laugh as much as you like.....hey, I have SAD.....I'm used to it!!!!:D
In short, I'm female, 38 and have lived with this for almost as many years as I can remember but didn't realise what it was til about 1995.
I might not be a 'regular' visitor but it's just nice to know that people are out there.
Thanks
B_Wolf
PS. I've read some really heartwarming posts this evening, you should be proud of yourselves

brentor_wolf

polly daydream
08-07-06, 00:58
Hi Brentor Wolf and welcome to the forum, hope you will find the site a great comfort as I and so many do.

Best wishes,

Polly

den64
08-07-06, 01:00
Hi brentor wolf

you will find many people on here who know how you feel, they are a good bunch, so welcome

Denise

samjane
08-07-06, 07:00
All i can says is this is a great, loads of nice people with good things to say. i started to come here last year and since then i am well on the road to getting better.

take care hun

Love & Light

Sam x:D

giddy
08-07-06, 07:50
Hello there - welcome to the forum
love Helen

Granny Primark
08-07-06, 10:36
Hi,

A big welcome to this brilliant site. Youl get loads of help and support im sure.
Take care
Lynn

chedda
08-07-06, 11:02
Hia and welcome to the site :D
You will find loads of help and advice and support on here.Everyone is really helpfull and supportive,thing is whether its anxiety depression or panic we are all going through the same sort of things.Its great to know that we are not alone and just knowing that makes it seem so much easier
take care cheryl xx

chucklehound
08-07-06, 11:05
Welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Karen
08-07-06, 12:36
Hi B Wolf

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find we are a very friendly bunch here. I too have social anxiety and can imagine the knock to your self-esteem when no one replies. You can start to overcome this anxiety with some help, encouragment and a lot of practise and determination.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Social anxiety
FEAR OF MESSAGES (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6303)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

manmoor
08-07-06, 13:02
Hi B Wolf,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Daisybun
08-07-06, 17:50
A big hello and welcome to the forum.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Eclipse
08-07-06, 17:54
Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. Finding this site has been like someone opening the door at the end of a dark passage and although I know it's only a small step to start, I think I'm going to like it here! May come across as a bit of a back seater & quiet at first, but once I find my feet I hope I'll be able to contribute to the warmth & care that's so apparent between the established members.
Love & thanks to all!
B Wolf
PS. Real name will come with confidence!
X

brentor_wolf

emma chant
08-07-06, 18:31
You will be very welcome here ,everyone is really friendly
and supportive.
Love xx

e chant

ceecee
08-07-06, 18:41
hi and welcome to the forum.take care rachelx x x

Eclipse
13-07-06, 12:03
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
B Wolf
PS. Real name will come with confidence!
X

brentor_wolf

<div align="right">Originally posted by brentor_wolf - 08 July 2006 : 18:54:31</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi again..........have decided to ditch the B Wolf cos have started to find my feet & be myself...............and it's all thanks to you lot!!:D
I know it's not a huge step for many [:O] but it's a start for me!!!!
Best Wishes & thanks again
Magz!
XXXX

nomorepanic
15-07-06, 22:11
Hi Magz

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola