PDA

View Full Version : Ist Day on!!

neowallace
11-05-12, 16:19
Hi guys

First day on Pregabalin, not bad so far feel a bit more relaxed and not so much mental thoughts actually none really. Feel a wee bit tired but so far so good. 2 * 75mg a day to start.....

:)

JT69
11-05-12, 18:05
Hello

Sounding positive...let us know how you get on...may it continue being good.:)

Jo.x

neowallace
11-05-12, 20:37
Thanks Jo , It is a strange feeling to feel fairly balanced if the makes sense. I will keep posting my findings as you say I hope they are positive. :)

swxx

rockydog
11-05-12, 23:08
Hey im on second day of pregablin, not sure how it is working yet. x

dan1234
12-05-12, 13:09
Give it a week, or two and you should notice a difference.

neowallace
12-05-12, 20:07
Hi Dan

Not sure if it is my mind that has convinced me or the tablets are really working I am positive that my anxiety has started to drop. Feel different. Strangely a bit more relaxed which is a funny feeling I am not used to. Anyway so far so good. Hope all is good with you! :)

Hi Rockydog...Just as my post says I think they are working for me already. Keep me posted how you are getting on. What dose did you get?

Steven

rockydog
12-05-12, 22:06
Hi there well as i having being refusing medication for 7 months as i had a bad experience once, they have given me just 25 mg twice a day so i dont have any reaction. How about you ? xx

KK77
13-05-12, 00:08
I swapped to this med from gabapentin. Had dizziness for a few weeks cos I was on a high dose - which incidentally also made me a bit manic - but it settled when I reduced it. Personally I think you need to be on a dose of 300mg or more for anxiety.

Apart from the munchies it's a good med so give it a chance ;)

neowallace
13-05-12, 08:34
Hi Rockydog...

I understand your concerns about medications they don't always agree with everyone and rightly said can cause some bad side effects. I am on 2 * 75mg which I am led to believe is a sort of starting dose. I am seeing GP on Friday I think I probably need either 3*75mg or 3 *100mg. To be honest though I have found them really good so far. I am also taking 30mg of Duloxetine which is a small dose as AD's don't agree with me. It's early days but I usually have pain killers and diazepam to settle my anxiety but hardly touched them since starting Pregabalin. :)

Hi Melancholia77....Good to hear the medication is working for you I like hearing success stories. As with doses everyone is different maybe starting low and building up until you find the correct dose is the way to go. :)

dan1234
13-05-12, 11:43
I started out on 3x 50mg and thought wow, it really does help - the anxiety is more manageable.

Went up to 150mg x 2 and then 150mg x 3, and really felt a difference, am now on 200mg x 3.

It is not a wonder drug, but it does really help. After being on 600mg of pregabalin, we added in duloxetine, and now also take risperodone.

To be honest, I am not sure how much extra benefit I get taking 600mg over 300mg... Some trials show no benefit.

Dan

neowallace
13-05-12, 12:14
Hi Dan

You will probably see from my post I am on a similar medicine combo but you are on higher doses. Because of my addiction history I am not sure if they will up the dose. I agree I am not jumping through hoops with it but it has certainly calmed me down and I am not worrying as much now. Do you mind me asking what level of Duloxetine you are on?

rockydog
13-05-12, 12:29
Hi there, anyone on line I an only on 50mg and feel really spaced out and had nightmares for the past 3 days. Is this likely ? or a coincidence ?
thanks

dan1234
13-05-12, 15:22
Hi Dan

You will probably see from my post I am on a similar medicine combo but you are on higher doses. Because of my addiction history I am not sure if they will up the dose. I agree I am not jumping through hoops with it but it has certainly calmed me down and I am not worrying as much now. Do you mind me asking what level of Duloxetine you are on?

Hiya on 90mg duloxetine, just increased from 60mg.

neowallace
13-05-12, 15:51
Cheers Dan!!

Steven:)

neowallace
18-05-12, 14:28
Went to new G.P for repeat prescription and increase and he did not know that the medicine was used for G.A.D. What are these G.P's getting paid for? I always feel worse after going to G.P. I will just be phoning for my medicine now as I don't think any of them have clue what they are talking about. I would rather just see a shrink as at least they have some idea.:mad:

neowallace
24-05-12, 08:43
Hi Guys

I am now on 225mg of Pregabalin a day. After reading some reviews it seems to say 150mg is a starting dose and at least 300mg is needed to treat GAD. Does this seem correct? I would appreciate any feedback!

Many thanks in advance
Steven :shrug:

dan1234
24-05-12, 14:30
Hi Guys

I am now on 225mg of Pregabalin a day. After reading some reviews it seems to say 150mg is a starting dose and at least 300mg is needed to treat GAD. Does this seem correct? I would appreciate any feedback!

Many thanks in advance
Steven :shrug:

Definitely - that is what the trials say....

I told my shrink that I was on 450mg, but he thought 4x 50mg for some reason and said that wasn't enough. I think you should try 3 x100mg and see how you get on. I went from 3x50mg to 3 x 100mg without problem.

My GP didn't know it was used for anxiety either - and she has a special interest in MH. It's licence for GAD is really new.

Dan

neowallace
24-05-12, 16:20
Cheers Dan for getting back to me. I am going to speak to my shrink next week and ask him to prescribe the dosage I am sure he will say 300mg. I will keep you posted on how I get on. Hope your doing okay mate and thanks again for the post....:)

Steven...

dan1234
24-05-12, 17:21
Cheers Dan for getting back to me. I am going to speak to my shrink next week and ask him to prescribe the dosage I am sure he will say 300mg. I will keep you posted on how I get on. Hope your doing okay mate and thanks again for the post....:)

Steven...

Ye, just ask. Are you on duloxetine?

neowallace
25-05-12, 09:43
Hi Dan

Yeah on 30 mg at the moment mate. Been on it before at 60mg I suppose it was okay for me nothing brilliant....

Steven

dan1234
25-05-12, 10:50
Hi Dan

Yeah on 30 mg at the moment mate. Been on it before at 60mg I suppose it was okay for me nothing brilliant....

Steven

Really ? I am on 90mg/d and feel it helped a lot more than 60mg/d but maybe that is because I upped the dose so quickly, going for 20mg/d to 90mg/d in 4 weeks ish..

Anyway for me it definitely has been of greater help than citalopram or fluoxetine.

I would definitely ask for an increase in the pregabalin.. I should take 3 x 200mg daily but nearly always forget the lunchtime 200mg dose..

If your anxiety is still really bad olanzapine / risperidone may be worth exploring - but I would definitely increase the pregabs before you try either of those two.

Dan

neowallace
25-05-12, 21:04
Hi Dan

Thanks mate I am phoning the shrink on Monday about my Preg dosage as I think it should be higher as well. I was just concerned about going back to 60mg on the Duloxetine as it may induce more anxiety. I suffer more from anxious thoughts and at times intrusive dark thoughts. My physical symptoms are more severe neck tension and headaches. I have not had a full blown panic for years touch wood...To be honest I think the anxious thoughts are worse than the physical side of things for me. Thanks again mate for the suggestion and I will keep you posted......Hope things are okay for you ...

:)Steven

dan1234
25-05-12, 21:21
My GP said that in most cases if your anxiety increases when taking a new drug you will respond to it. How true this is I don't know.

Duloxetine, made my anxiety unbearable for a few weeks but it all settled down, and I think it is helpful.

Dan

hanshan
26-05-12, 04:51
Hello Steven,

Sorry to hear about the anxious thoughts. I had similar. I've been on 600 mg per day of pregabalin plus 45 mg mirtazapine for the past 18 months and it's been quite successful at keeping the worst of them at bay. Early mornings were the worst time for me, so I take the majority of my dose at bedtime so that levels are still high when I wake up.

Take care,

Hanshan

neowallace
26-05-12, 07:41
Hi Dan .....Cheers mate I never you that but will keep it in mind when speaking to shrink.....Thanks Again.......:)

Hi Hanshan .......Cheers for the feedback my anxious thoughts are also always worse in the morning and I tend to get better at night.....Thanks Again...:)

dan1234
28-05-12, 14:03
any updates?

neowallace
28-05-12, 18:52
Hi Dan

Phoned shrink today but just got his PA....explained I think increase is needed but never received any Call Back!!....Will call back tomorrow to chase him up....I will keep you posted I am keen to try a higher dose as I think they are working a bit....How are things with you are you feeling settled on your meds?

Steven

dan1234
28-05-12, 20:23
Um not really - anxiety is still up and down, but is a lot better.

Do you think I will notice any improvement with time on the duloxetine ( been on for 8 weeks?)

But we all have good and bad days, but on the whole much better.

Dan

neowallace
28-05-12, 21:07
Hi Dan

Yeah I know how you feel with the up and downs....Duloxetine I am not 100% sure about yet. I was on them last year for around 6 months to be honest Dan they were okay I tend to sometimes expect maybe too much from meds. I am on 30 mg just now but was on 60mg last year. I have swapped about a lot over the years, I found Prozac the best for me first time round but went back on them at Christmas and I think they caused severe anxiety. Not sure if you will notice improvement mate all I can say is that I felt they were okay with not so many side effects. Keep me posted on how you are doing with Duloxetine anyway...

Steven

neowallace
30-05-12, 09:13
Hi Dan

Shrink says plenty of scope with the Preg.....so started with 150mg this morning and will take 150mg this pm....for 7 days and see how I go. How are things with you?

dan1234
31-05-12, 07:33
Good good mate, the increase should help. I am doing well thanks, still taking my cocktail of medication but have reduced the diazepam. I find the anxious thoughts reduced but the physical side effects of the anxiety still there. I am seeing a GP this evening for a repeat - my usual doctor is away on holiday.

Hope the increase helps.

neowallace
31-05-12, 09:11
Thanks Dan, I have feeling it will...I will keep you posted but feeling better this week...Nearly hit the drink on Friday after 5/6 years but common sense prevailed....That's good mate the anxious thoughts have went down and the med cocktail seems to be working. I hope you start getting some results on the physical side as well. Keep me posted on how you go with G.P. tonight. I was meaning to ask I take Zoplicone for sleeping do you or have you used that before....?

All the best

dan1234
02-06-12, 18:36
How has the increase gone?

I am supposed to be taking 600mg/d but have been lately only taking 400mg/d. Always forget lunchtime dose but will remember from now on.

Dan

neowallace
04-06-12, 17:44
Hi Dan

I think it has went well m8. I am certain it has lowered my anxiety which is good. It is early doors mate but so far so good. I do think however I have stuck on a few pounds...ah well.....how are things with you ?

Steven

dan1234
04-06-12, 18:06
I am doing well at the moment... sleep is a problem though - took a lorazepam last night. Out like a light. lol.

Reduced my diazepam and got some horrid headaches but fingers crossed they are over.

Dan

neowallace
05-06-12, 09:04
Hi Dan

That's grand mate you are doing well...good stuff you were able to reduce the diazepam....i have heard of lorazepam i don't think it is given out very often and is one of the old ones but if it is working that's the main thing....nothing better than a good night's sleep mate....I am on Zoplicone for sleeping, quite good as well....

I am doing okay as well....I think my main issues are addiction problems since given up the drink I have been addicted to codeine. I don't get diazepam officially but get some from family and friends and take about 2mg a day which helps a bit.....Hoping though to come off them altogether...I think I need to let the pregabalin kick in though.....

Keep me posted anyway mate on how things are going?

dan1234
05-06-12, 11:06
Hi,

Ye happy about the diazepam - was worried about the side effects, but going from 15mg to 12mg in a week seems to have been ok.. Hope it doesn't get worse.. might regret saying this lol...

Lorazepam isn't given out often but my shrink doesn't like zopiclone for some reason... He is old school. I only get 10 every 2 months or so.

Well done on giving up the drink. Never realised codeine was that addictive, I took it for a good couple of months and stopped without problems. Am on morphine now which is said to be a bitch to come off. Kills the pain though.

Surprised the 2mg tabs help really? Do you not get them prescribed for you?? At first 2mg was ace, but now it does naff all. Tolerance.... Good luck with the pregabalin tis a good medication.

Dan

neowallace
05-06-12, 11:49
Hi Dan

Sounds like you have severe pain problems mate as well. My friend gets slow releasing morphine and other morphine tablets his back and nerves are shot after a major spine/back op. I think the 2mg for me is more placebo than it is actually doing anything......My friend takes the diazepam as well for anxiety I think he is on a similar dose to you maybe a wee bit less. Well done in lowering the dose sounds like you are over the worst of the effects....

dan1234
05-06-12, 12:34
Yes have a messed up back tried ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, dihydrocodeine, co-codamol, tramadol and finally got morphine. On long release stuff + quick acting oramorph. Less pain at last..

Are you still on duloxetine. I am thinking of stopping it, but might regret it because it may be working. Who knows?

Dan

joy
05-06-12, 12:39
What did you do to your back in the first place poor thing

Joy

dan1234
05-06-12, 14:23
Not sure, had a MRI. Had to wait 5 weeks for the MRI and 3 weeks for the results. Apparently my GP doesn't have access to them... Find out on the 11th.

The physio they provided me was crap. After my first session the physio left, and I was given someone else. I couldn't walk for 3 days after doing her exercises. Will go private (have to pay yet again) to see an osteopath.

Dan

neowallace
05-06-12, 16:52
Hi Dan

Sorry to hear about your back mate that won't help the anxiety. My mate is housebound and in pain all the time they told him he just has to wait and hope the nerves heal. Hope you get on well going private I think you will get better results doing that Dan.

Duloxetine : ???? I am like you mate not convinced with them. The problem I have there is not many more I have not tried...lol....I am seeing G.P on Friday I will wait and see what happens....Happy to stay on the Pregabalin though for anxiety....What other AD are you thinking about?

dan1234
06-06-12, 09:56
Hi,

I would be thinking about the old TCA, like imipramine. I had been on duloxetine for 10 weeks, so will hold out for 12 weeks. Possibly go up to 120mg/d although my shrink isn't convinced there is a benefit. I am just worried I stop duloxetine and I realise it was helping.

Dan

joy
06-06-12, 15:40
I did quite well on loferamine(Gaminil) and anafranil but both caused such a sore mouth that the dentist said they would damage my teeth if I continued. However I seem to have strange reactions to most meds may not happen to you

Love Joy

dan1234
06-06-12, 16:05
It is something I am considering joy.

But the diazepam works for me.. Just a shame it is addictive.

Dan

neowallace
06-06-12, 16:18
Hi Dan

I know what you mean. I was on Duloxetine last year and then switched back to Prozac and at that time my anxiety went through the roof....might have been coincidence who knows. I have been on Duloxetine 30mg roughly for 5 weeks now so probably give it another while....

dan1234
06-06-12, 16:23
Hi,

I reckon the duloxetine was helping then mate. I think I will stick with the duloxetine, I remember having awful start up anxiety, which got better, going from 60mg - 90mg helped aswell. I would be looking to go to 90mg/d mate.

Dan

joy
06-06-12, 21:18
pity diaz doesnt a thing for me nor does lorzapam so I'm on my own when anxiety strikes unless anyones got any ideas which is why the shrink put me on pregalbin but the side effects were too much

Love Joy

PS Dan Wait to see what the shrink says re change of meds when you see him

dan1234
06-06-12, 21:35
Depends what dose joy - I take it you tried say 15-20mg diazepam?

How about clonazepam? Have you tried that?

neowallace
08-06-12, 13:36
Hi Dan

I agree with you I think 60mg might help improve my mood. My new G.P was a bit uncertain about me going up to 60mg and wanted me to wait till I see shrink again. Not seeing him until July. I might phone him up again. Keep me posted Dan are you on 90mg just now? Did you say you were maybe going up to 120mg? Take care for now mate....

Steven :)