PDA

View Full Version : Very very upset and scared, even one reply would be appreciated

crystal17
11-05-12, 16:58
I've just accidentally deleted this thread, am so annoyed! I will rewrite it briefly.

I went to the doctors today with lower abdomen pain, burning after wee etc, she tested the urine and said there are white cells present. She gave me antibiotics.

4 months ago I got so drunk I dont remember anything after 10pm - I was told by my friend the next day that i'd kissed a guy I used to know years ago. I found out his number and ring to find out what happened - he said that I gave him oral outside the pub for about 20 seconds - I was devastated :weep:

The doctor was very cold to me and lacked empathy, she just said go to the GUM clinic on monday. Does anyone know how easy it is to catch an STI this way? I hate myself for that 20 seconds of madness that I genuinely have no memory of, and feel ashamed and dirty. I didnt know white cells in urine meant STI's, so gotta go through the weekend now before finding out what exactly I caught off him :weep:

bottleblond
11-05-12, 17:10
Hi Crystal

Firstly, if you can't remember, then how do you know this man is telling the truth? He could be lying through his teeth.

I can't see how giving oral sex would effect your urine to be honest but i'm no expert on SDT's. I do think your doctor is right though about getting checked over though as better safe than sorry.

P.s How do you know it was 20 seconds of madness? lol

Lisa

Greenman50
11-05-12, 17:13
No ones perfect we have all done things we regret when drunk .
All we can do is learn from our mistakes . Don,t beat yourself up over it .
The could even have been lieing / winding you up / jokeing ?

Did the DR actually say you had a sti and what was the explantation of the white cells ?

crystal17
11-05-12, 17:16
I know it was 20 seconds of madness because he told me that when I asked what the hell had happened - but as you say he may be lying. I feel sick.

Thanks for the reply.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Hi Mel, the doctor just said the white cells indicate infection and asked if i'd had sex recently etc - when I told her about it she said go to get checked out.
I'm angry because I dont even like the guy I did this with, I'm worried in case hes lying and we had sex, and I'm not single and will never be able to explain it away.

Really do appreciate the reply :hugs:

Greenman50
11-05-12, 17:30
Hi Crytal

The infection could be for any number of reasons , i understand ladies are more prone to infections in that area ......it is probably nothing to do with what happened 4 months ago .

To be honest ..i think the guilt of possibly doing something with this guy (only his word for it) could be makeing you think the worst as you feel so guilty about it ?
The drs advice to go to the clinic will just be standard practice . Its worth going for peace of mind but i doubt you have anything to worry about .

jayred
11-05-12, 17:40
Just wandering was the white cells she said meant to be puss? I got myself into a frenzy when they said they fous some in my urine only to find out small amounts r normal and everything came bk clean t the gum so try best u can not to stress and just wait and see what happens as all could be ok try w around company this weekend

crystal17
11-05-12, 17:47
Thanks guys x

And Mel yes you're right, the guilt of what happened or may have happened is killing me, I just cant believe I got so drunk to let that happen. Feel very taken advantage of.

jaynehal
11-05-12, 17:54
Hi I'm sure you'll be fine an the doc is just doing the right procedure! Also I have White cells when they test urine as sometimes White cells can travel into urine from your private parts as you have White cells in your parts and skin, try some cystitis crystals as well as your antibiotics xx

K1rsty
11-05-12, 18:07
Hi Crystal, I am sure you will be ok :hugs: I can understand that you will feel taken advantage of but I agree he may not be telling the truth. Even if it was true remember we have all done things we regret believe me! Dr will advise to go to GUM as standard practice too. Hope antibiotics kick in soon - urine infections are not nice.

gemjones85
11-05-12, 19:18
Aw hun dont beat urself up... we all do things we regret, if u do have a infection, its obviously not nice but not the end of the world.... hope ur ok XXX and as pp said - he could be lying!

crystal17
11-05-12, 20:26
Thanks guys for the reassurance and for not judging me! I really am annoyed at myself though but will try to forgive myself.

K1rsty
11-05-12, 20:35
Please try not to be annoyed with yourself - you may not have done anything with him :hugs:

crystal17
11-05-12, 20:51
Thankyou Kirsty, well my friend told me I was kissing him loads and I dont remember one bit of that and I just dont know what motive he would have for pretending I went down on him - just doesnt make sense.

Just dont know how il tel my partner if I have something...I'm scared!

Greenman50
11-05-12, 22:16
Don,t tell your partner , have a headache , say a urine infection . Anything !

You will think of something . It was a drunken mistake what ever you do don,t fess up its not like you had an affair . I can,t see how you will gain anything by admiting to something you might not have done .

crystal17
11-05-12, 22:55
Thanks Mel, I wont say anything until monday if and when something needs to be said.

I hate alcohol!!!!

onecardonly
12-05-12, 08:27
Hey hun! Don't worry about it too much, I have read that it is very difficult to contract std's through oral sex, your doctor is probably just sending you as a precaution! It could be a number of infections that are not sexually transmitted so stop worrying until you know for sure! I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing! xxx

crystal17
12-05-12, 10:14
Hi onecardonly, thanks :) I know the doctor was just being sensible and following the rules by sending me to get checked. I think what most upset me was her lack of empathy, I know doctors are supposed to be professional and distant but there was just such a coldness from her, she could see I was getting upset and worried when she said about the white cells but she barely looked me in the eye after that and I could tell she just wanted me to leave. Its ok, some doctors are nicer than others I guess.

Since I took the antibiotics yesterday, my symptoms have almost completely gone, I'm hoping this means they have treated a UTI and thats all it was. I'm still gonna go on monday though.