PDA

View Full Version : i am nearly of my anti d 's'

ruthb1
08-07-06, 09:33
just thought i would let you all know that i am gradually weaning myself off my anti depressants after 18 months on them.

i have for the past few months only managed about 1 day a week sometimes i would still carry on not have a break but for some strange reason i thought i have got to be a little bit stronger. I kept thinking to myself that i would feel awful after one day off when really they are still in your system.

so about 4 weeks ago i decided to try one day off again and then the next try 2 days off and the next week i tried 3 and last week i tried 4 days off them, i have to admit i did feel as though i was out of my safety zone and i went onto chat for some advice as to whether or not yo try another day off but in the end i didnt i ended up taking one that evening as i didnt want to shatter my confidence and it was like running before i could walk.

well this week i have managed three days off again. i think fingers crossed that i will soon be off them and its wierd but i feel better off them than i did on them i feel more refreshed in the morning my mood swings are different i dont really have any anger i cant explain it.

All along i didnt think that the anti depressant which i am on had worked the way i had wanted it too but after having a few days off them i am beginning to think that maybe they have worked and i hadnt noticed.

anyway i will keep you updated with my progress

take care

Ruth x x x

PanickyPolly
08-07-06, 10:31
Hi Ruth...I am being weaned off my anti ds too. My GP has given me a schedule to follow. This week I missed one dose..next week I'll miss two and so on.

I'm actually feeling more depressed thanever but I don't think it has anything to do with the tablets. I just have a sh***y life that's why I'm depressed and until my life unhs***s itself no tablet can help me.

ruthb1
08-07-06, 11:03
Hi polly

sorry to hear that you are having a bad time, im sure you will feel better soon. I still have bad times but not as often as i used too

let me know how you are doing weaning off your meds and maybe we can help each other along

take care

Ruth xx

Karen
08-07-06, 12:51
Hi Ruth

Go as slowly as you need with coming off the meds. Is your doctor involved in the weaning programme?

You might find this post helpful:

Coming off meds:
getting bad again..... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7064)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

ruthb1
08-07-06, 15:28
THANKS KAREN,

YES HE IS INVOLVED HE ADVISED ME TO DO THIS AGES AGO BUT I HAVENT HAD THE COURAGE ONLY NORMALLY 1 DAY A WEEK BUT NOW I HAVE TAKEN THIS ONE STEP FURTHER. FINGERS CROSSED THOUGH

RUTH

Southern_Belle
10-07-06, 01:48
Hi Ruth,

I would go as slowly as your doctor recommends, it's just as hard to go off them as to go on them! Great job so far though, hang in there.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

wobily_lin
10-07-06, 03:10
Hey Ruth,

Yeh i agree with the others take it slow hun. You are doin very welll hun and I'm so so proud of you. It's not easy to do this and yer it is scarey but you are doin it and well done to you hun.

You know where i am hun if ye need me. I will keep ye sane lol.

lov to u hun.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx