PDA

View Full Version : would it show up in a blood test

mrs way to worried
12-05-12, 19:23
I'm scared I've had all the symptoms of breast cancer , I'm 27 I have 2 children and I'm 16 weeks pregnant I've had the symptoms since august on and off I have read the symptoms can be the same for fibrocystic breasts which I believe my mum has I also have fibromyalgia , I have blood tests every 6 months as am slightly aniemic they all come back fine everytime if I had breast cancer would something show on a full blood test ? Any advice would be great being anxious is no good for me or the baby

nomorepanic
12-05-12, 19:26
Yes there would be markers in the blood tests that showed a possible increase in the chances of cancer

Stormsky
12-05-12, 19:30
Ive read some of your previous threads, and see youve seen the doctor, you have to trust their advise, if they thought you had breast cancer, they wouldnt muck around and youd be given tests straight away...
ive had many breast lumps over the years, and armpit lumps, had tests etc, and turns out to be breast tissue going hard in places...
Blood tests can pick up on white blood cell count etc, which can show signs , so im sure you are fine if docs are not concerned with your blood results.

miss sparkle
12-05-12, 19:32
I am not 100% sure, but i don't think it does.
I have had a breast lump scare myself, and spent some time on breast cancer forums a while back, and someone mentioned that she had had a clear blood vest just before being diagnosed.
This obviously doesn't mean you have it, and don't want to worry you, but best to get any lump or symptom checked out.
I had one checked while back, apparently 9/10 are not cancerous x

mrs way to worried
12-05-12, 19:41
I don't have a difinitive lump that I can feel , I have shoulder pain sometimes I have a swollen breast and my armpit feels swollen I can't really feel a lump I also have wrinkling on my breast my doc said they r stretch marks from rapid breast growth during pregnancys my boob in painfull if it is pushed or layed on

candy_floss
12-05-12, 19:49
I've spent a lot of time recently convincing myself that I have lymphoma. My doctor ordered a blood test which came back fine but I wasn't convinced.
My doctor (fed up at this point) told me that if I was as 'riddled' with cancer as I believed I was, there would be at least some small abnormalities in my tests. In particular they look for your white blood count when cancer is suspected.

So, no I don't think a blood test alone can rule out cancer but they are a good general indicator of health, which is why my doctor tells me to be 'relieved' when mine come back clear (though of course I never am!).

miss sparkle
12-05-12, 19:54
If you have had it checked out, I would think you are ok. if you are pregnant it can make your boobs rose and painful, and your shoulder ache can be if you are tensed up, not necessary breast related. If you have been checked out by your doctor, and he says nothing wrong, would think you are fine x

gemjones85
15-05-12, 08:13
I had a lump in my breast while pregnant with my 2nd child. i had a scan and biopsy and i cannot remember the name the consultant used but told me during pregnancy one of the first things to be affected is ur breast. Try not to worry (easier said - i know) Ask your doctor or md wife for some reassurance as im sure they dont want u stressing while ur pregnant! good luck with the pregnancy too XXX

cornishmaid
16-05-12, 19:37
I would ask your doc to refer you to the breast clinic to let them have a look at it ,these are the experts in this field ,but as someone said being pregnant does all sorts to our boobies xx