PDA

View Full Version : scan results

wlizzie
13-05-12, 07:34
ever since this all started i had symptom after symptom then finally after 2months of dizziness tingling etc i had a brain and neck mri scan.
I was put on cit while waiting for mri.
When i finally got the results over a week ago the doc said everything was fine but there were a few white spots on my brain, but nothing serious apparently, he still advised me to see a neuroligist though which will take around 3months for an appointment.
So now i got even more time worrying are my symptoms anxiety or something else.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

anyone else had the white spots thing? Any ideas what i might be facing?

originally posted this in mri forum but hoping i might have more luck here :yesyes:

imissnotworrying
13-05-12, 16:25
have you ever had headaches with your anxiety? sometimes bad headaches cause scar tissue, that might be what the white spots are perhaps? you should rest assured it's nothing serious though, they probably just wana find out what they are (even if they're not going to harm you) for your own peace of mind, because most anxiety sufferers quite like to have an explanation anyway, even if told it's nothing serious, or else they still worry a bit Xx

countrygirl
14-05-12, 09:37
I am another of the white spot team. MIne were discovered 12 years ago on brain mri and I was rushed of to neuro with them saying MS. Mine are across the top of my brain ( can't remember whats its called). The awful neuro said as mri was relatively new they were getting alot of results that they could not interpret so only time would tell if my white spots were the start of ms!!
I had another scan 2 yrs later and another one 2 yrs after that and guess what no change at all. Neurosurgeon ( he is a proffesor) told me to forget about them as loads of people have them on scan and also at post mortem and never have any symptoms of anything!

Fast forward to 9 years after original scan and had another one for pulsitile tinnitus and now they can say for def that white spots in certain areas of brain are of no significance, I was told that you need to have white spots (demylienation) in certain areas of your brain to indicate MS plus these spots will usually show up on mri of neck as well if you have ms.

I would still see neuro as he can send you for other scans but if you are like me its a case of the technology is too good and picks up things that will never be of significance. One Dr told me that mri is wonderful and awful as they waste huge amounts of money investigating findings that are actually normal to that person.

The neuro told me that the only totally 100% certain way of diagnosis ms is by having a lumbar puncture and unless I had neuro deficit as in I was dragging a leg or something then having a lumbar puncture is too risky to do without serious symptoms. I agreed and declined.

12 years on I do not have ms but I do have white spots on my brain. Maybe its a sign of anxiety instead:roflmao:

wlizzie
14-05-12, 15:28
thanks for the replies it has made alot less anxiuos about them, i will just forget about it until i get a neuro appointment.