PDA

View Full Version : citalopram day 4!

Princess Tiffany
13-05-12, 09:05
Wow, what a horrendous start to the day, woke up in a complete state of panic, heart thumping so hard and fast. Then I started to sweat and completely freak out. It's so weird because yesterday I had a great day. A bit of anxiety, but much less than I was having and not one panic attack. Is this common? To have good a bad days when starting the medication. Let me know you experiences.

LAURA48
13-05-12, 16:56
Hi - I am day 16 of 20mg of Citalopram - the first few days were fine but think I am getting some side effects - past few days waking up with horrible anxiety and heart pouding and sweating - horrible - but it is to be expected and a low mood - the medication doing it's stuff. I have to up on Saturday to 40mg been diagnosed with Pure OCD and the psychiatrist said it could take up to 12 weeks to feel better - oh well have waited this long another few more weeks should not make much difference.

I think was you are experiencing is totally normal. Just try a ride it out and it will go - just the medication getting adjusted - things won't always be like this!

Good Luck Laura

ps what dosage are you on?

Princess Tiffany
13-05-12, 17:42
Its nice to know im not alone. Iv gone straight onto 20mg. I felt the effects just a few hours after taking the first one. I notice after about 5 hours of taking it i will start to shake and just not feel myself. Its not fun, it also messes with my eye sight alittle.

LAURA48
13-05-12, 17:45
Hi - I never had any start up effects - other than a bit of headache but am suffering at the moment - so horrible isn't it and you are certainly not on your own!

Be glad when it starts to work!!

Princess Tiffany
13-05-12, 21:04
Im only taking it for my anxiety and panic attacks, so im hoping 20mg will be enough, but i have read alot of people who continue to suffer for side effects have to up their dosage, so maybe this will help you. Did the doctor give you anything to help? Like diazepam? They gave me a few, but warned they would give me anymore so im trying to only take them when Im desperate. what time of the day do you take your citalopram?

Do you have a partner, family or friends who know what your going through? xxx

southey
16-05-12, 13:30
I generally have lots of heightened anxiety from about the second dose through to feeling them start to fade from about week 3. Yes I too get days much worse than the rest for which I reserve my small stock of Diazapam.

But generally my anxiety is worse in the morning and I also take my pill then and lessens somewhat throughout the day.

Stick with it along with Dr's orders, for as long as it takes even if you feel hopeless and you will if your like me start noticing the anxiety fade bit by bit and get some relief. You can feel like you were before but it's a struggle:yesyes:

Atb,

Steve.