PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to be a nurse?

ntlia
13-05-12, 13:11
im so glad i found this forum, at least someone who will really understand what it really feels like to suffer from panic attack

anyone of you know of any nurse who suffers from panic attack?
i'm currently studying nursing, and i realise i feel panicky in surgery. i feel like quitting as i dont want anyone dead because its my fault.
i told my boyfriend i want to quit, but he dont seem to understand ..he said he'l be pissed if i quit...he ask me to talk to the doctor...what am i suppose to say??? why cant he understand i dont wish the whole world to know im crazy..

how do u explain to your love ones what panic attack is? i know he thinks i should snap out of it...i wish i could too...but i cant.. just like i wish i'm dead, but unfortunately i still wake up every morning.

Firehead
13-05-12, 13:25
There are many different kinds of nursing once you're qualified. You could look and see if any specialty would suit your situation?

Talk to your people about the panic: be honest and brave.

Pipkin
13-05-12, 13:46
Firehead's right - there are lots of different fields in nursing. You'd certainly be in an excellent position to deal with people who suffer from anxiety disorders and depression as you really understand. I know there's at least one person on this site who's a nurse and does exactly that, very successfully.

Btw, you're not crazy. At least, if you are, we all are! You suffer from panic disorder but that doesn't need to stop you achieving anything you want to.

Take care

Pip x

oneofus
13-05-12, 14:57
It's far from unknown in the medical profession, several top class psychiatrists are manic depressives. Read An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison, or see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Redfield_Jamison.

one of us