PDA

View Full Version : what to eat after sickness bug?

vicky23
13-05-12, 13:50
hi everyone
so i've had the dreaded sickness bug and while my tummy is still uneasy I'm starting to think about nice food. i haven't eaten in nearly 2 days apart from nibbling on a couple of cream crackers

so what food have you found 'ok' while recovering from sickness?

Also if there are any sickness bug recoverers out there some hope and encouragment would be greatley appreciated I feel soo rubbish right now :(

jimsmrs
13-05-12, 15:02
Hi Vicky23

bland foods are best,try chicken cuppa soups or the packet chicken noodle soup but just the broth. you can make a pan up of this and have it every few hours. Try to avoid dairy like yoghurts until your tummy settles.

good luck

Pacific
13-05-12, 15:19
hey try eating banana, salad or soups. These things don't upset ur stomach

eva82
13-05-12, 15:50
after a stomach bug, my doctor always tells me to stick to the BRAT diet:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

Feel better soon!

vicky23
14-05-12, 08:43
thanks so much for replies:hugs:
I think I'm (thankfully)! over the bug but my tummy is now really sore cos I haven't eaten properly :( just been chewing on jacobs crackers and a bit of dry toast I'm looking forward to being able to handle something that wll make me feel less sorely empty.

LUv2teach: I've heard of the BRAT diet but I think it's American based and I was wondering what is applesauce? cos in England applesauce comes in a little jar that you put over pork which seems a bit weird to be eating lol

giggs
14-05-12, 14:59
thanks so much for replies:hugs:
I think I'm (thankfully)! over the bug but my tummy is now really sore cos I haven't eaten properly :( just been chewing on jacobs crackers and a bit of dry toast I'm looking forward to being able to handle something that wll make me feel less sorely empty.

LUv2teach: I've heard of the BRAT diet but I think it's American based and I was wondering what is applesauce? cos in England applesauce comes in a little jar that you put over pork which seems a bit weird to be eating lol

Chicken noodle soup, toast, and make sure you don't eat too much each meal. Keep the meals small and frequent, you'll feel better in no time.