PDA

View Full Version : It's getting too much, please help!

Misslouread
13-05-12, 14:18
I have such a phobia of chemicals, my latest anxiety is the following; I got a taxi with my brother last night and put my laundry bag in the boot, it touched a spray cleaner and cloth, I removed it sighing seconds, I was then terrified the cleaner went through onto my laundry. I washed my clothes, but then my brothers bag also touched where the cleaner touched my laundry bag, his bag then touched my cleaned clothes, I'm now terrified of wearing them,

Please help me!! X

Pipkin
13-05-12, 14:33
Hi there,

I really feel for you. I could easily reassure you that there's nothing to worry about (there really isn't) but deep down, you already know that and it won't help you if you get 100 replies saying the same thing.

The important thing is that you treat the cause of your phobia and anxiety. Are you getting some help?

Pip x

Misslouread
13-05-12, 14:57
My family have been wonderful and I'm going to start cbt soon hopefully, I'm waking up anxious and spending most of the day shaky and terrified, I am back on my anti anxiety pills, fluoxetine which have helped before so I just hope that I will start getting better,

Thank you pip xx

ANG3LIC
14-05-12, 01:21
Hi there,

I really feel for you. I could easily reassure you that there's nothing to worry about (there really isn't) but deep down, you already know that and it won't help you if you get 100 replies saying the same thing.

The important thing is that you treat the cause of your phobia and anxiety. Are you getting some help?

Pip x
i love your advice/reply, i agree xx

wish you all well :hugs: