PDA

View Full Version : Does your panic feel like this?

Pacific
13-05-12, 14:34
I just want to see if anyone can relate

During panic:

- Faster heartbeat
- Sweating (especially sweaty palms)
- Dizzy and spaced out
- Surreal/unreal feeling
- Sick to stomach
- Dry mouth
- Fear of going crazy and losing control
- Feeling of something really bad about to happen
- Scary thoughts
- Nausea
- Feeling like you have to hold on
- Intense adrenaline rush feeling
- Thingling feeling up the spine
- Feeling hot

When the panic is over:

- Somewhat relieved that nothing happened! (lol)
- Tense feeling in head, like a tension headache
- Confused
- Feeling out of it
- Feeling tense

During the day anxiety:

- Dry mouth (i drink water all the time)
- Dry eyes
- Sweaty hands
- Anxious feeling in stomach (like butterfly feeling but bad)
- Intrusive/obsessive thoughts
- Floating things in eye corners
- Can't focus or concentrate
- Detached feeling (derealization)
- Dizziness
- Don't feel like eating
- Feeling like you have to act normal around people and not show ur anxious
- Flu like feeling/feeling weak
- Feeling like brain is slow/foggy
- Shaky/tingling feeling

Sorry if this has been posted before i just want to see if people can relate!

granny number 4
13-05-12, 18:08
yes i can tick yes to all of them they r all horrible feelings but we have to keep strong and realise that they pass some come more than others some different to others but we r not alone i dont hide my feelings if im down i talk to my friends i does get easier fight the bad days and enjoy the good days we r all human and not robots !!!!!:D

Pacific
13-05-12, 18:23
hey thnx for your reply, it does feel good to know other people get the same symptoms. Sometimes i still think i'm the only one who feels like this..even tho i read on anxiety sites that these are normal anxiety symptoms haha.

granny number 4
13-05-12, 18:28
yes how long have you felt like this mine started 17 years ago and then came back lr xt year but im still here to tell the tale so what doesnt kill us makes us stronger where you from?

Pacific
13-05-12, 18:36
I started having anxiety and panic like 3 years ago, but then i had more health anxiety about my heart, so i had most of the symptoms i listen but more with the sharp chest pains, tight chest, difficulty breating etc. Well i got over that anxiety now i don't care about my heart anymore..

But anxiety came back and now ive had these symptoms for 4-5 months. we will come out stronger :) Im from netherlands.

granny number 4
13-05-12, 18:38
hi u male or female what do you do for work and how old tr u ?

Pacific
13-05-12, 18:40
Male, 22 years old, i finished college and can't find work atm (that's part of the problem i think) What about you ^^?

Anyone else have same symptoms too?

Rennie1989
13-05-12, 18:47
Yes, yes and yes! I feel like I've down 10 rounds after a panic attack and need a lot of rest!

granny number 4
13-05-12, 18:53
im 41 and my anxiety came back last year after a few things happening in my life it can go away it did for me its just life i have three children and im soon to have my fourth granchild so plent of stess im my life also my son is serving in afganistan its worry worry but i have brilliant friends and family and i love my job so i try to take one day at a time x

Pacific
13-05-12, 19:03
Ah well it's great you have good friends & family and a job you like!!
I have great family too! I understand why you're under alot of stress tho..

Dizzydoll
13-05-12, 19:09
yep i get all those too

Janina87
13-05-12, 19:13
yes yes yes i can relate to all of those above too but started back to work last night and i think it has done me the world good x x

Pacific
13-05-12, 19:56
Janina thats great to hear keep it up!!

Rach29
13-05-12, 20:53
i get a lot of them symptoms i hate them you would think having them and nothings happened to us it would be easy to get out this horrible cycle but its hard

MISCHIF
14-05-12, 10:54
Yup tick to all and more...

Do you fell like throat is blocked can`t breathe and being smothered cant clear throat or nose????????

Pacific
14-05-12, 12:09
Mischif i used to get that alot but not anymore. It's very likely anxiety/panic symptom. Maybe you are breating too fast/shallow when anxious? On the brighter side these are all anxiety symptoms and can't harm us! ^^

MISCHIF
14-05-12, 12:37
ahh i try breathing harder and deeper so that must be it lol ill try n slow breathing down see what happens. gotta love this site :)

(yea ive just got to grips with the fact im not gunna die lol)

cheers matey

granny number 4
14-05-12, 20:28
how u feeling today ?

Pacific
14-05-12, 21:03
hey! Im feeling better. Thanks for asking! Feel like my anxiety is more under control. I just have too much free time tho and too much time to think so i try to distract myself as much as possible. Today i randomly felt spaced out/dizzy/foggy for 2 hours and then it passed, but other then that good. How are you ^^?

When i get the brain fog/spacey/dizzy feeling yawn alot, even tho im not really tired. I wonder if its anxiety or if i'm not breathing correctly ?

rockydog
14-05-12, 21:30
Hi I get that with the dizzy feeling and the breathing and was told i am breathing from my chest rather than my stomach and that shallow breathing makes you feel like that. That's why you yawn to take in more air.
When i went to a therapist she said sit there and blow out constantly like you are blowing up a balloon and you will make yourself get those feelings. So i did this with her and got exactly the same feelings was quite interesting x

Pacific
14-05-12, 22:20
Hey Rockydog that's very interesting thanks!! Isn't it bad to keep blowing out like you'll get no oxygen to ur brain lol? It probaly does no harm if ur therapist said it :p, i wanna try it see if i get the same feelings so i can know if it's my breathing. So the dizzy/foggy feeling might be from getting to less oxygen and thats what causes yawning. Next time ill feel dizzy or spacey ill try to breath deeper/better see if it helps thnx ^^

rockydog
15-05-12, 13:15
Hi yeah, i only did it with her there, but it would only be the same as blowing up a balloon it wouldn't permanantly harm you.It just showed how similar it feels. Try to be aware of your breathing though and get more oxygen and see if it helps ? As long as you have been checked by a doctor i'm sure that would help :)

Pacific
15-05-12, 22:59
Thnx rockydog!

Just got back from first psychiatrist app, told her ALL my symptoms and she told me it's all anxiety, every single one of them.

cowboy
17-05-12, 00:32
Yea i had my first panic attack a month ago and have had crazy syptoms like chest pains lightheaded dizzy my eyes like space out headaches and sharp pains in my head but the craziest thing is having to think about breathing and like forcing myself to breathe i had a bunch of heart test done and thats fine but sometimes it feels like my heart is beating harder than it should but idk its slowly gotten better hope its gone soon. (: