PDA

View Full Version : how long before withdrawal symptoms?

Kate21
13-05-12, 15:13
Hi all. I've been on Sert for about 10 months and been on 150mg for about 4 months.
Been doing really well recently with the help of EMDR and have just gone back to work. My confidence is booming! :-)
But I've just had a funny turn today and had to rush home from my friends house and realized I haven't taken any meds for 4 days. Can withdrawal symptoms start after just 4 days? I've taken my dose now.
I felt really sick and panicky all of a sudden and very shakey.
Is this normal? I don't want to go backwards after getting myself so well.

jimsmrs
13-05-12, 15:20
I think you're supposed to wean yourself off them by reducing the dose, your GP should be able to advise you.

Kate21
13-05-12, 15:39
I'm not coming off them yet I just forgot to take them as haven't been at home and didn't have them with me. feel a bit better now i'm home and had a lie down, i just took my usual dose, just want to know if it was withdrawal symptoms so I can have an excuse for my panic, i refuse to believe it was a panic attack as i've been well :/

James1983
13-05-12, 16:27
Probably was a withdrawal symptom. Dont worry i am trying to come off sertraline and experience similar things. If you are staying on you will be alright after a few days when you make up for what you have missed over the 4 days you did not take any.

erin31
13-05-12, 16:30
When I came off Effexor I had mild withdrawal the first day and severe withdrawal which included panic and anxiety within two days so yes, this could very well be withdrawal causing your panic. In fact I had never even had a panic attack until I stopped the effexor and panic attacks have been the worst withdrawal symptom of all.
Hope you will soon be back to normal :flowers:

Kate21
14-05-12, 17:41
Thanks guys, feel loads better today! x

grotbags
14-05-12, 23:00
Yes, that would have been withdrawals. I've never taken Sertraline but when I came off Cipralex I think it hit me after about 4 days. And it was severe :wacko: