PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

julieG
08-07-06, 14:31
Hi there.

Im Julie, 34, and am suffering - again! Been fine for a few years and now its returned with a vengance. Ive found it very helpful reading all the posts - makes me realise some of my more bizarre symptoms arent that out of the ordinary!

Still debating whether or not it actually is anxiety although deep down I know it is, and not some nasty disease driving me mad!

I find it infuriating after a few OK days to wake up to a stonker of a bad one - and all the positive thinking in the world means nothing coz' Im too far gone!

Anyway Im looking forward to joining in the posts and hope everyone is having a good day.

"It's not what happens to you - its how you deal with it"

Julie x

manmoor
08-07-06, 14:35
Hi Julie,

A big warm welcome to you. You'll find loads of advice here and make new friends. It's nice to know we're not alone.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

chucklehound
08-07-06, 14:43
Hi Julie and welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

giddy
08-07-06, 16:22
Welcome to the forum Julie
love Helen

clickaway
08-07-06, 17:00
Welcome Julie,

I'm glad you have already found this site of comfort.

It is so common to feel worried and uncertain by the symptoms.

Do you know why your anxiety has returned?

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
08-07-06, 17:35
Hi Julie

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Daisybun
08-07-06, 17:48
Hi Julie and welcome. I know how you feel, just having a bad day myself after a few better ones but it's all part of the cycle, just remember you are not alone, there's lots of support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

den64
08-07-06, 17:54
hi julie
welcome to the site you will find lots of help and friends on here theyre great,really they are

Denise x

den64
08-07-06, 17:55
hi julie
welcome to the site you will find lots of help and friends on here theyre great,really they are

Denise x

polly daydream
08-07-06, 18:29
Hi Julie and welcome to the forum.

Polly

Children_of_God
08-07-06, 20:36
hey, love your quote, and sorry to hear your suffering, its not nice i am to, i know what u mean 2 im constantly worrying theres something wrong with me. if u need to talk i'm here, michelle x.

Two heads
08-07-06, 20:47
Welcome julie!
Theres all the help you need herexx

julieG
09-07-06, 09:24
Thank you all for your welcome. Brought tears to my eyes (which isnt too difficult to do these days!)

Ray - it came back about 4 months ago, my face went tingly one morning and i became convinced I had suffered a stroke - thats it - just that one thing and my life has spiralled. GP and hospital said I was OK. Didnt have a scan though. Thanks to this site I found posts from other people who suffer the same tingly tightness in their face which calmed me down a lot - but not for long as I started to focus on other symptoms of anxiety and have become hypervigilant of every feeling and sensation.

Im seeing a CPN weekly which does help. Sometimes I feel so strong and that im able to cope, but sometimes Im just sick of struggling and it brings me down. I know i can live the rest of my life like this and am hoping that chatting to people on here will aid and speed my recovery.

Thanks again.

Julie x

Karen
09-07-06, 12:28
Hi Julie

It is good that you have a CPN you see weekly. Have you had any CBT therapy?

We all have times when we feel stronger than others and blips do happen but each time we are that little bit further along than before and it gradually becomes easier to pick ourselves up and continue on again.

Keep talking to us here and we will support you all we can.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

julieG
09-07-06, 15:08
Hello Karen

I'm 'trying' to put all my CBT into practice - but like I say sometimes are easier than other. I never see things as a blip, I see them as going all the way back to the beginning :( I know this is catastrophizing and predicting the future and these are very negative thoughts to have. I just dont seem to be strong enough at the moment to believe this.

Thanks for replying and I certainly will keep on talking and am grateful for your time.

Julie x

nomorepanic
09-07-06, 15:27
Julie

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I hope we can be of some help to you

Nicola

stace
09-07-06, 16:05
Hi
I would just like to say hello, i've been there as well..I have jst finished seeing a councellor and i do feel a lot better... it also made me sort out some iisues that i had steming back from my childhood, but my councellor did say to me that it wil take a while to heal and it will get worse before it gets better; so hang on in there. Stace x[8)]

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hey, love your quote, and sorry to hear your suffering, its not nice i am to, i know what u mean 2 im constantly worrying theres something wrong with me. if u need to talk i'm here, michelle x.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Children_of_God - 08 July 2006 : 21:36:18</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

wobily_lin
09-07-06, 18:33
hi Julie,

A big welcome to the site hun. Great support here girl and im sure u will make some nice friends too.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
10-07-06, 10:07
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

emmy
10-07-06, 12:50
hi and welcome hope you get lots of support theres some great people on here

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

mad_hatter
11-07-06, 19:45
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

Still debating whether or not it actually is anxiety although deep down I know it is, and not some nasty disease driving me mad!

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same, and it is very frightening at times. At least you know now that you are not alone in feeling this way!

Take care

mad_hatter

julieG
12-07-06, 08:07
Hi everyone and thank you all for your replies.

I sometimes get scared because I know what I should do but sometimes cant seem to do it! Will I ever be able to? It seems so easy when its written down doesnt it.

I have taken comfort in a quote by one of the members here. Cant remember exactly but its Winnie The Pooh and 'what if the tree falls down - what if it doesnt' or something like that.

What if I faint at work? what if i don't?!?
We have a tendency to think we can predict what will happen in the future. Well - we can't. But what we can say is that if we have had a good day yesterday theres no reason why we cant have a good one today.

Thanks again

Julix