PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

Jinkus
13-05-12, 18:19
Hi Guys,

I'm having a horrific couple of days and wanted to try and get some info from people on this forum as I have previously.

I was taken into hospital yesterday as I was experiencing shortness of breath and tingling sensations on the left side. I had two ecgs which I was told we're showing abnormal readings as my heart rate was at 54 beats a minute. My normal resting heartrate is around 65 - 70, so for some reason it's now a lot lower than normal which worries me.

The hospital then carried out a more In depth ECG which was fine, normal sinus rhythm and 62 bpm. I had bloods taken and was told they were all fine and a chest x ray which was fine. Doctor was happy he had ruled out a cardiac issue and mentioned indigestion may be a key issue. Having suffered with benign ectopics for years I have heard this before and it's not idegestion or heartburn.

Ater doing some research today I'm not as short of breath but still don't feel right, I have a pain in my left foot and tingling in my arms and legs. My heartrate is still sat around 54 bpm. I'm petrified I might have symptoms of heart failure, all the indicators and symptoms would indicate heart failure could be the cause of my problems. I'm so frightened I'm going out of my mind.

Would the tests I had yesterday show heart failure if this is what's causing my problems?. Am I worrying needlessly??? The only thing that's changed is I quit smoking two days ago cold turkey.

Please - any advice help will go a great way to helping me as I currently feel very low and almost like I can't take much more health problems in my life,

Thanks in advance

Sean

wlizzie
13-05-12, 19:46
hi sean,
Im no doctor but from reading your post i would say you are suffering from anxiety and nicotine withdrawel , my advice would be to visit your gp or chemist and get some stop smoking aids as a first and tell them all your other symptoms aswell.
Hope you feel better soon i gave up smoking about 3 months with patches and lozenges and i dont use anything now, so although i got some health issues , thats one less to worry about.
Good luck and get all the help you can :)