PDA

View Full Version : Social Phobes & Friends

EliStarr*
13-05-12, 18:25
Hello everybody,

New here, just looking for some new online friends and prehaps some people who have Social Phobia (Anxiety) like me?

nomorepanic
13-05-12, 18:28
Hi EliStarr*

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
13-05-12, 20:09
I have Social Phobia, had it for about 18 years now, I stop breathing or have a panic attack when I speak or am spoken too, by anyone other than my son.
Was doing great last year, went back to work, learning to drive and then wam!!!!!
Back to where I started, will not give in though, I know now it can be done.

gem7
14-05-12, 17:10
i be your friend elistarr i have anxiety too i also have depression lol

davexdurham
14-05-12, 18:17
I dont know if I have social phobia as such as im not scared of going places but I seem to have anxiety more when im out. Mostly eating out I just cannot do sometimes.

BeautifulNature
14-05-12, 22:27
I have social anxiety too I know where you are coming from. I always feel i am along so sometimes it's nice to chat to people who feel the same way. I wish i had people nearer me who had the same problem. If you fancy a chat feel free :) xxx

EliStarr*
15-05-12, 10:00
I have Social Phobia, had it for about 18 years now, I stop breathing or have a panic attack when I speak or am spoken too, by anyone other than my son.
Was doing great last year, went back to work, learning to drive and then wam!!!!!

Wow, you gained a lot of progress then! Nice one, atleast you have an inkling of what to do now though then eh? Best of luck to you :) :flowers:

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

i be your friend elistarr i have anxiety too i also have depression lol

Hey Gem, Sorry It's taken this long to reply, I'm still finding my where abouts on this site lol. I'm like a 60 year old trapped in a 19 year olds body when it comes to technology! Ahh the shame :doh:

So how long have you had your anxiety and depression then? :flowers:

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

I dont know if I have social phobia as such as im not scared of going places but I seem to have anxiety more when im out. Mostly eating out I just cannot do sometimes.

Well prehaps you just have some problems with your self esteem or it could be possible you have GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder)...

GAD is a long-term condition which causes you to feel anxious about a wide range of situations and issues, rather than one specific event. :flowers:

I don't like eating out, if I do eat out I make sure I'm hidden in a corner or that I have my back to people.

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

I have social anxiety too I know where you are coming from. I always feel i am along so sometimes it's nice to chat to people who feel the same way. I wish i had people nearer me who had the same problem. If you fancy a chat feel free :) xxx

Yea, I agree, I've been trying to find people to talk to for ages, to be honest I'm not even bothered if they understand my condition as long as they listen lol. I've tried over sites like this, blogging, making websites, even on facebook adding anxiety groups etc but I just get ignored which just knocks me back more! It's such a vicious circle :doh:

So how long have you had social anxiety? :flowers:

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Hi EliStarr*

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thank you, yes, I've been reading - Some very interesting information. :flowers:

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

P.s.. Maybe try CBT or something? Oh and breathing techniques. I've heard that meditation and yoga can help :)

gem7
15-05-12, 17:14
i have had my depression for a few years but lately its gotten worse as well as my anxiety i finding it really hard to cope now i.m still finding my where abouts on this site to cos i.m new here joined yesterday

EliStarr*
15-05-12, 17:21
yeh I joined a couple of days ago :) I'm currently just messing about with my new website, keeps me busy, takes the mind off of bad things... Do you do anything to distract yourself from your depression? :flowers:

gem7
16-05-12, 16:29
sometimes i play games on facebook sometimes that helps me or just listen to music where u from i live in wales lol

EliStarr*
16-05-12, 19:55
Music is one of my favourite things in life :) If I wasn't so quiet and anxious I'd love to attend singing classes or something. I'm from Essex but am now living in York.

BobbyDog
16-05-12, 20:54
Photography is one of my favourite passtimes and seeing my dog's happy faces, they make me smile:D
I used to read 2/3 books a week, any subject, but, I cannot concentrate anymore, so I spend time on NMP instead.

chloe83
16-05-12, 22:35
Hi al I have been gettin panic attacks for the last few m,nths nw,i cry al the time n find it hrd tO go out

EliStarr*
16-05-12, 23:11
Hi al I have been gettin panic attacks for the last few m,nths nw,i cry al the time n find it hrd tO go out

Hey, have you been to your GP about this? You could try researching your symptoms more, try rescue remedy, and maybe use breathing techniques, deffo tell your GP though he/she will be able to supply you with the medication and therapy you need :flowers:

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Photography is one of my favourite passtimes and seeing my dog's happy faces, they make me smile:D
I used to read 2/3 books a week, any subject, but, I cannot concentrate anymore, so I spend time on NMP instead.

Oh cool, what do you mostly like to capture in your photographs? :flowers: