PDA

View Full Version : A rational mind needed! Doctors again this week or not!

miss sparkle
13-05-12, 18:49
Hi everyone.
I have posted about having a pain under my right rib for about a month and a half-2 months now.
It feels like a stitch, and it isn't really painful, but it is always there, morning moon and night.
i have also been getting back pain everyday and lower abdominal discomfort.
I went doctors about fortnight ago and he felt my tummy and said to return if it hadn't got better, so i went again last week, and seen a different doctor. She done a sample, and had a quick feel, said she didn't think it was nothing serious, gave me a depression questionnaire and waved me off.
I am worried because i have had it for a while now, and it isn't getting any better.
I feel like i have been ignored because of my history, and although i haven't really mentioned my ha to them, pretty sure they have figured it out by now.
I know you are not doctors, but should i accept that i have been looked at, or go again next week?
I really hate going doctors. My gut feeling is there is something not right, but isn't it always! x

julynn
13-05-12, 21:10
Hi hun I get this its constant all tho it seems to off eased off now and radiates to my back also. Its more of an annoying pain than an ouch that hurts.
My doc has made me an app for ultra sound this comin wednesday ahe thinks could be gall bladder
I'm petrified of going I hate test and the waiting for results its a real nightmare for me :(
Maybe ask your doc for an ultra sound if it will ease your mind. I kind of feel at bit better knowing I'm not the only one with this pain so could be anxiety that's causing it xx

miss sparkle
14-05-12, 07:09
Hiya.
Thankyou for replying.
The first doctor i seen said it May be gallbladder related but didn't seen to want to look into it or anything.
I think because i am not bent over double in pain they don't want to know. It is starting to get me down now though, as i can feel it all the time, and i also have bad back ache too.
Will you know the results on Wednesday? Can you let me know how you get on!
how long have you had yours for?x

waunder
14-05-12, 07:24
Hope your drinking lots of water, I think mine could be the same thing. I get such pain I can hardly breath they never find anything I think it could be stones because when they give me fluids and pain meds it goes away after a few hours for good or a long time anyway.

skyisblue
14-05-12, 07:24
hi, im sorry you are going through this rough time. i just wanna ask if the pain/sensation you are having is really constant and hard to ignore?

i also have some occasional rib and back pain and most of the time they are random. they never last more than 10 seconds or something. although there are certain bodily positions that make me feel them (example when I bend in a certain way). i've been to a doctor for some tummy ache (indigestion) and he was able to tap on my abdomen and elsewhere and he told me i was perfectly okay.

if the pain is bothering you, you can always go to the doctor in order to put your mind at ease. they'll find what you need in order to overcome whatever that is. xxx

miss sparkle
14-05-12, 08:25
Hi. its not really painful, more like a constant dull ache.
My back ache is constant too, i am not sure if they are related, but worried it is something bad as usual.
I probably don't drink enough, so May try that see if it makes a difference. I had a lives function vest when i had full blood work few months back, and presume it was ok, so trying to hang onto that as big fear is its my liver. I just feel daftest going doctors AGAIN!X

countrygirl
14-05-12, 09:27
Gallbladder pain usually comes in agonising attacks in the evening/night but of course not everyone is the same so a ultrasound of your gallbladder might be worth while, trouble is that most people have gallstones that never ever bother them so quite alot of people I know have had their gallbladders out because of discomfort and the scan shows stones but it does not get rid of the problem as it was a red herring!!

You could try a low fat diet for a few weeks and if that gets rid of the pain then bingo its probably your gallbladder. I have loads of tiny gallstones for past 30 years but they dont' bother me as I know I can't eat pasty or melted cheese and as long as I stick to my diet I am fine.

I also have spinal problems and this can give me pulling and aching around my lower ribs, it affects both sides so I know that it is just muscular as I have in the past had ultrasound on my left side to check spleen and all was fine.

Maybe try a very low fat diet for a week or so and then go back to Dr and tell them you have done this and what the outcome was as this will help them alot in diagnosis.

miss sparkle
14-05-12, 11:03
Thankyou country girl.
I think i will try a week drinking lots and cutting back on fatty foods, see if that makes a difference.
I wish i was offered a scan, but they don't seen to be even thinking about it :-(

julynn
14-05-12, 15:30
Yes its this wednesday my ultra sound not sure if they will give me results there and then tho. But I will defiantly let you know how I get on. I had liver function test to while waitinf for this app and it came bk normal so that's a good thing. I've had it for a good few months now even tho it eases off its still there niggling
I'm just so nervous about this scan I hate test.x

miss sparkle
14-05-12, 15:36
You will be fine x

julynn
14-05-12, 16:23
thankyou miss sparkle
you will too xx