PDA

View Full Version : naffed off that anxiety is back

linziloo
13-05-12, 20:39
Hi
I haven't been on here for a long long time!! but health anxiety is back with a bang, I've had numerous types of cancer over the past few weeks and have usually cured myself by tea time - lucky me.
But anxiety seems to have a really good grip and I'm sat here currently terrified because I've found that the whites of my eye is slightly yellow if I pull down the bottom of my eye, this coupled with some aches and pains in my right side must mean I've got liver problems.
I know I'm being irrational but have come back to read everyone's posts because although I don't post much it makes me feel like I'm not on my own to read everyone elses stories :huh:

chris9642
13-05-12, 20:53
I really feel for you - I managed to get a couple of 'terminal' free days last week but today I'm back at deaths door!! I can't reassure you on symptoms but I understand how you feel as I have similar fears over different symptoms and can't control my descent into panic ..... Just sat down to eat my tea and convinced myself I have something dreadful (see my thread I just posted) and couldnt eat a bite...... The doctor actually said to me the other day 'i have no idea what's wrong with you' ..... I haven't been honest with my doc about how my anxiety is effecting me though.

TheGroundhog
13-05-12, 20:54
I have lurked here a while, but had to respond to your post, I had the liver thing last Sunday.......must be something about Sundays:D Spent the whole day pulling down my eyelids, trying to look at my other half's eyes (he knows better than to let me), poking at my right side until it really did hurt.

Monday morning it had gone clean out of my mind and I had something else, can't even remember what, I am back to a heart attack now :wacko:

Anyway, don't sweat, we are obviously both suffering from 'Sunday Liver Failure' seems to be pretty short lived. Stop checking your eyes and find something to do (easier said than done I know, but you can do it:flowers:

chris9642
13-05-12, 20:56
I'm almost laughing at myself now as I have just been to check my whites of my eyes ..... Shows how vulnerable we are to symptoms ha ha !!!

TheGroundhog
13-05-12, 21:07
I'm almost laughing at myself now as I have just been to check my whites of my eyes ..... Shows how vulnerable we are to symptoms ha ha !!!

That's fab:yahoo:Symptoms are as catching as yawns. The worst thing is toothache, all you have to do is think hard enough and you are guaranteed a niggle.

linziloo
13-05-12, 21:30
Aww thanks
I'm actually sat here giggling at the absurdity of it:roflmao:

TheGroundhog
13-05-12, 21:40
Aww thanks
I'm actually sat here giggling at the absurdity of it:roflmao:

:yesyes:Yay, glad you are giggling, much better than panicing.

adamfrai
14-05-12, 07:21
This could be me writing the original post. I'm currently also going through an extreme HA spell and im now fixated on liver and pancreatic cancer (that has spread from my lungs).

Good to know that others have that yellowish tinge under their eyelids, surely we cant all have serious problems right?

Jenwales
14-05-12, 09:18
Hi.
I find that I'll be fine for a bit then my anxiety will come back and give me a new symptom. Like recently. Its made me worry about anxiety again. I think some sort of change is in order. For me I need to learn to relax, yoga, meditation that sort of thing. So I'm off to hunt for some relaxation downloads.
At least thats my current theory, the other- when im miserable like now-is to lie down, feel sorry for myself and cry myself to sleep. Usually that makes everything worse.
At leat I can come on here and find like minded people and not feel so completeley alone.
Also there's stuff about relapses- i think thats what we have relapses and dont deal with them properly.
Now to see if my advice can actually work for me