PDA

View Full Version : My week.

Morag130
13-05-12, 23:14
Re: Positive stories please.
This time last week I was in hospital thinking there was something seriously wrong with my heart! Had tests after tests btw but everytime I have a anxiety attack I think the doctors are wrong lol

Any whoo, a week on and it's been an brilliant week, after hospital I said to my self I can't live like this anymore! And since then I joined CBT4panic great videos on there. Also ordered a few books on CBT for dummies but also I ordered a book on Buddhism. I know sounds strange but I haven't put it down. So much in there that teaches you about the mind and I can relate to it so much its hard to explain.

But I have been on anxiety edge!! Positive mental attitude is working for me tho! So I'm not having any attacks. Even left the house for the first time in weeks and went to tesco with my bf, was so close to panicking even went dizzy but kept a smile on my face and got on with it!

Had an amazing weekend with the bf, was more myself he even noticed a massive difference.

But now I feel a little anxious now my bf has gone but I think I'm confusing this with missing him, can't even talk to him for a hole 5 days now and won't see him for two weeks! Thanks to the army! :-(.

But I've set my self a challenge. Two weeks to get well enoughy to go Nandos! And put some more weight back on before he gets back. Down to 7 stone from 8 n half. I'm only little anyway!

Ooooo also got a yoga DVD start tomorrow. But I can't even touch my toes so wish me luck! Haha.

Hope everyone is well and coping and had some positive moment x

grotbags
14-05-12, 22:30
Wow, going to Tesco after being stuck indoors for weeks is really quite an achievement!! I'm impressed! That is inspirational for me because I had a bad spell on the weekend when I was out, and I think I let it get to me. I need to adopt that positivity that you have, and get on with things where possible.

Indiepoos
14-08-12, 22:03
I recently found Buddhism and it truly is remarkably helpful for me and many others although not everybody understands it. Like you say it's difficult to explain, and when I try to share Buddhism with people who suffer from anxiety, panic attacks or depression they think that basically I expect them to wear a toga and shave their head! I wish I could help to bring it to the people around me without scaring them off by making it sound all religious and stuff. :/

Anxious_gal
14-08-12, 22:18
Aw well done :) Yes Buddhism really helps me too and positive thinking.

Serenitie
14-08-12, 22:59
Well done you! What a lovely post - made me smile :D

Elle-Kay
14-08-12, 23:04
Well done on your new PMA! I too recently invested in CBT4Panic. I've only done workbook 1 properly so far. I really must do more. I have good days and bad days - last week I went out for a meal and made it all the way through (I didn't finish the food, but it was a massive plate full of pasta!! lol), but this week I'm having a harder time because my family is away on holiday. I take a bit of confidence from your good experience in similar circumstances though :)

robinhall
14-08-12, 23:46
Hi Morag
Well done - glad that you enjoyed the videos. Go through all the material slowly and feel free to contact me with any questions :-)

Hi Elle-Kay
Well done to you too :-)
And keep in mind that you will ENJOY the second book - workbook 1 gives you a thorough understanding of what is happening to you - the 2nd book gives you lots of very effective skills for dealing with anxiety - so don't be worried that a lot of hard work will be involved at this stage.

For now you will just be learning extremely helpful skills. It is Workbook 3 where you can speed up the recovery process by putting your new understanding and skills into practice.

Best of luck :)
Robin