PDA

View Full Version : Doses are driving me crazy!

soulcrosses
14-05-12, 00:35
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been so inactive recently. I just need to vent a little. I was put on 20mg of Citalopram four months ago, the first week was difficult as I fell sick and had awful side effects, however, for a week or so after, it really started to kick in and I will feeling a little better. Obviously it won't (and I never expected it to) sort my problems, or make them disappear, but it made that irrational strain go away sometimes, so much so that I was able to think straight. Unfortunately, a month later, and a few visits from the crisis teams, I had a complete relapse. I went to the Doctor and he lifted the dose to 30mg. I didn't feel much of a change at all and have isolated myself from the world for the past month or so. When I got the courage to ring the Doctor and make an appointment, all he's done is lifted the dose to 40mg. I know the highest legal dose is 60mg, but he's lifting the dose, and I'm feeling so rough. I've been on 40mg for a week or so now, and I really am struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel..

What do you guys think?

KK77
14-05-12, 01:42
I think they've reduced the maximum dose for cit to 40mg http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/DrugSafetyUpdate/CON137769

Unlikely it will be raised again so if you can tolerate side effects for a few more weeks it will definitely get easier and you should start to feel better mentally.

I know the rough, bleurgh feeling increases cause but I think it's worth it in the long-run once the med has settled and fully 'kicked in'.

Freud_the_rascal
15-05-12, 00:16
Hang in there mate! ride that shit storm out for a couple more weeks, you'll feel much better than you do now.

I'm phoning my dr tomorrow to get my appointment moved forward, i'm having a horrid time atm, 20mg doesn't seem to be working.

Take care dude!

Freud