PDA

View Full Version : Whenever I think about heartburn, I get it

giggs
14-05-12, 01:16
Ok, I posted several days ago complaining about my sudden loss of appetite, and the great news is that my appetite is now back almost at 100% (yay!!)

However, it seems like the heartburn is still lingering around, and the more I fear about it after eating, the more likely I will get it...usually 1-2 hours after meal. It is not like the pain I had several days ago though, it is very mild. Do you guys think that it is my mind playing tricks on me again? The longer I get the heartburn symptoms, the more I fear about it being something serious...

I have gone to 2 doctors already, both saying it is nothing serious, and it is probably a mild gatritis...

as a 30 year old non-smoking, non-drinking male, do you buying thinking that my worries is giving me the symptomses?

Also, my anxiety tends to peak in the morning when I wake up, causing me loose some appetite in the morning, but as day goes, my appetite will come back by noon.

Anybody have similar situations?

Thanks a lot for your reply

imissnotworrying
14-05-12, 04:03
gastritis does cause heartburn and loss of appetite, can also make you feel sick or throw up, but all the symptoms of it can come and go. stress/worry can likely aggrivate the situation, that could be why you're getting heartburn when you're thinking about getting it. in the same way that someone can 'think' themselves better (say they're given a placebo tablet and told it will help, and it does, their symptoms disappear, but only because they were thinking positive) you can also 'think' yourself worse and be more likely to get the symptoms of something your system would have otherwise kept at bay Xx