PDA

View Full Version : Benzo's are the temporary cure for HA/anxiety/panic

TillySm
14-05-12, 04:13
Anyone else on Valium and does it cure your health anxiety temporarily while it is in your system? (including removing all the real physical symptoms of what ever you are worried about and stop panic attacks) it does me. Shame it only lasts for a short period and that long term they are addictive. I am kinda willing to live with that if it removes the feelings I was having.

Anyone else tried valium?

TriciaB
14-05-12, 05:07
Hi Tilly,

I want to try them (I have them, 2 mg) but I am scared to try them.

TillySm
14-05-12, 09:14
Hi Tricia,

They can't hurt you, they are like panadol (you can just take it when you need it not every day - or every day if you like!). It is very long term use that can cause addiction. 2mg is a very low dose. I am a big guy and need about 10-15mg's of it to feel the effect. It is good when you just need a break in the anxiety - and it you take enough for your body weight and feel better, it helps you identify what the anxiety causes.

Give it a try - you might b e pleasantly surprised - I didn't care about my Health anxiety anymore! It temporary relieves anxiety - and anxiety causes almost all the problems on this entire board except maybe OCD (it makes ocd worse).

It is better that suffering, it is worth a try.

I was scared of drugs too but to be honest - but there comes a point where the anxiety is SO bad that it is ruining your life (I reached that point) -> it would be harmful for you to not try the drugs.

BobbyDog
14-05-12, 20:11
I have only just recently tried Diazepam/Valium.
I was quite surprised at how quickly and effectvley they take away anxiety symptoms and make you feel 'normal'.
Deffinately worth a try in the short term, but would not take them every day as I would be scared of addiction.

kittikat
14-05-12, 22:18
Have been on 12mg day since last November, they have been a real lifesaver for my anxiety/panic....I don't have HA so can't comment on that. I have just started to reduce...my own choice, I would not say that I am addicted....they have helped me through a very difficult time and I am making very slow progress now so feel the time has come to wean myself off....very slowly of course :) Kitti

ChangelingGirl
14-05-12, 22:40
Diazepam didn't work for me, but it may've been because I'd been on one benzo or another for two months consecutively. I take lorazepam as needed now (1mg, which is not a very high dose but not low either, it has the same strength as 10mg diazepam). Unfrotunately I develop tolerance to benzos veyr easily. I remember when I first started lorazepam (at 1mg three times a day, I was in a pretty bad place at the time) it worked fabulously for my anxiety. Now it hardly works at all.