PDA

View Full Version : Low pulse

Tommya77
14-05-12, 06:10
I know this might sound silly, but I am having normal bp's with low low pulse. I am out of shape, smoke, and eat horrible and my pulse tonite resting for a few hours is 47-53. I got put on blood pressure meds last week, so I don't know if this is normal, or should I call my GP tomorrow?

I feel fine, just went to check my pulse before bed, and it was 47, and I was like wtf, why is it so low.

katielou80
14-05-12, 06:21
my hubbys pulse is ALWAYS 51. DRS HAVE NEVER BEEN CONCERNED. EVEN WHEN HE HURT HIS KNEE AND WE CALLED AN AMBULANCE. THEY SAID IT WAS FINE.

Tommya77
14-05-12, 06:43
Thanks so much, I did the wrong thing and googled it lol. Scared me half to death. When I was in shape I had a low pulse, guess I always have. it might go to 76 resting on a rare occasion, but 47-53 was freaking me out a bit. I feel fine, and was about to go to bed when I took the reading, now I am addicted to see if it goes up.

O well, is what it is.

katielou80
14-05-12, 17:45
stop it!! i became obsessed with my pulse only a few years ago too, it changes all day and night constantly. i take pulse's for my job as health care assistant in maternity, your fine! believe me!! just try to leave it alone!! im now obsessed with thinking i have ovarian cancer!! i googled too!! scared me to death. google is so so bad. you think before google we would NEVER have worried about such things!! even my dr says so! xx

lindajane1971
14-05-12, 21:33
hi tommy,
your bp pills will take your heart rate down, thats what they are designed to do, my hubbys is around 50, he takes 2 different tablets for his bp and his pulse has been around the 50 mark since he started them 7 years ago. He also worried at the beginning of his treatment as his was in the 70-80's normally and the sudden change was a bit of a shock but he got used to it very quickly.

I am not on any pills but was concerned a few months ago as my pulse was between 50-60 a lot and its usually around the 90's. Went to the doctor and she took my pulse there for a while and said it was going up and down from 55 to 75 while i was sat there and she said it was normal to do that and would probably jump up to over 120 while i was walking home and then fluctuate depending on what i was doing! She said only if it went down as far as 40 without medication would she investigate further. It did reasure me a lot, and i hope this helps you too.

Linda

Tommya77
15-05-12, 01:43
Thanks so much for the quick replies. I decided to stop it on one nurse's orders. She said this pill is not designed to make the pulse change, and for me to keep an eye on it. My bp is usually 130's over high 80's and as low as 107/70.

Tonite it dropped down to 92/60 and I about passed out. I made some lifestyle changes and I think the anxiety and stress were causing the high blood pressure readings.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Tommy

honeyb
15-05-12, 08:34
Hi. like you i started blood pressure meds (25mg a day of Atenolol) last week and my bp dropped to 108/68 and my heart rate was ranging from 51 to 61. Like you i did the stupid thing and googled. I nearly passed out too. I had a telephone consultation with a different dr yesterday and she didn't seem concerned.

Pacific
15-05-12, 08:58
I heard low pulse was good. Like athletes have low pulse.. but thats just what i heard

milicent
15-05-12, 16:12
I googled "normal pulse rate chart" and low and behold there was a chart showing pulse rates-which I didn't know differ by what your sex and age are.
Hope this helps

Tommya77
16-05-12, 02:00
I am in no danger of being an athlete lol. I know if I make the proper lifestyle changes, I can bring the blood pressure down. Thanks for all your help. Technology can fail us, so I am going by what my body is telling me, and it is telling me those pills are to strong.