PDA

View Full Version : Pounding heartbeat

countrygirl
14-05-12, 08:11
I was laying in bed last night and all of a sudden my heartbeat was so strong that it felt like it was shaking my whole body, if I laid on my side it was pounding my ribs. Of course as soon as I noticed it it went from normal 70bpm straight up to about 120bpm!

My lovely husband was telling me to ignore it and that he gets it sometimes but it goes away if you don't focus on it ( easier said than done!). I was worrying that it would still be pounding and fast even if I slept. My anxiety was so hgh that even after taking a sleeping pill I was awake 2 hrs later and could not tell I had taken it!

I did fall asleep eventually and my heartbeat was normal speed when I woke up but I can still feel it is a very strong beat.

Anyone else get this??

skyisblue
14-05-12, 08:37
hi countrygirl,

You know what, this is so strange. Just recently I've been waking up in bed with a "heavier" heartbeat. I don't know how to describe it but I can hear a stronger yet faint heartbeats once I wake up. My heart isn't racing though. It usually goes away once I stand up or something. So weird. :(

Janina87
14-05-12, 08:41
yes i get that and was wondering is that because of my anxiety that i may be more aware of it now i just dont know. X x

blueangel
14-05-12, 10:55
Hmm.... this sounds familiar to me as I'm at that "menopausal" age. I suspect that this might be hormone related as I get this myself!