PDA

View Full Version : My Panic Attacks Have Stopped, Am I On The Mend?

daveyboywales
08-07-06, 18:22
I've not had a panic attack in a good year now, but I still get the other symptoms of Anxiety like silly thoughs and that horrible feeling like I'm waiting for a panic attack to come on at anytime but it never does. Does that mean I'm getting better? Incidently for those who are interested, I stopped myself having panic attacks by facing it head on, I just kept telling myself "Its a panic attack, it can't do any harm" Tell yourself this when you feel one coming on, and really mean it, theres no point saying it if you don't mean it, and eventually they will stop

ceecee
08-07-06, 18:26
hi daveyboy its great that you have,nt had a panic attack for so long you are making great progress!your mind is disabling the attacks as its just not afraid of them anymore!!!isn,t it amazing how are minds work!!!!take care rachelx x x

daveyboywales
08-07-06, 18:31
Yes I agree, the mind is quite amazing, If I could just get rid of that horrible feeling of waiting for a panic attack to come on i'd be fine.

polly daydream
08-07-06, 18:36
That's great news Davey, hope it remains that way.

Polly

PUGLETMUM
08-07-06, 19:12
hi davey, it's brill that you've got rid of them, but i'm afraid that while you've got this anxiety you are still open to them again!! this anxiety your feeling is anticipatory anxiety i would say - which means you are still anticipating an attack to sneak up and get you!!! and i'm sorry to say this but if your anxious then you are much more susceptable to having another attack.

you know they can't hurt you and you can survive them, so therefore if one does happen, just let it come, don't fight it, encourage it to get sooo bad(which it won't) and then carry on your way!!!

the problem is as we all know is they undermine your confidence in your ability to survive them without having a serious problem.

please, just know that you can have them and carry on, you don't have to banish them from your life completely to be 'normal', now all i have to do is take my own advice!!! ha ha
all the best emmas

carol1969
08-07-06, 19:56
Well done again for trying so hard in work and your panic. You have got a great positive attitude and i think you could beat this disease.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

Two heads
08-07-06, 20:39
Great newns davey, think you could well be on the mend1xx