PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

Anxiousmess
14-05-12, 11:39
Hi all, could u tell me how hard u found it to get ur doctor to send u for a scan of ur brain, im really worried i hav a brain tumor n the way my head feels is driving me crazy, thanks x

meche
14-05-12, 11:53
Oh Anxious - that one sentence is exactly what I am thinking too! I replied to your thread about ear infections so won't go into details again about my symptoms. Bottom line is that my nasty HA voice is telling me I have a BT but my rational, sensible voice (there is one in there somewhere :wacko:) tells me to get a grip! My doctor is not concerned but how would she know..... she's only got XXX amount of years more experience than I have! It's frustrating isn't it! On the occassions that I have been to the doctor I've left thinking 'what the hell' - how can she tell just from those neuro tests they put you through that I do not have a BT. Surely a scan is the only thing that can rule this out. TBH, I would probably freak out if I was told I had to go for one. I should listen to my own advise but we really have to put our faith in the experts - they really do know best. Still think I might have one though :doh:! xx

Em84
14-05-12, 12:44
When I was worried about this brain tumour thing...I never mentioned to my doctor.

I took myself to Boots and got an eye test...I paid the extra £10 to get the images of the back of my eyes where they can see if there's any pressure which a tumour would do....The images were fine no pressure or anything so it soon stopped my worry....
I've heard people have found out about brain tumours from having eye tests...the images are like eye health....

Might be a easier cheaper way to stop your worries....:hugs:

zippy
14-05-12, 13:16
I have had 2 brain mri scans, mri of my ears, brain cat scan, spine/neck scan and all found nothing. I like you thought i had a brain tumor because i was dizzy/off balance, confusion, weak/tingling arm, headaches, numbness in the side of my head, brain fog, lack of co ordination etc etc. Anxiety can cause all these symptoms and i was convinced the scans would find something but nothing was found. I had all the neuro tests umpteen times in my gp surgery and i was like you thinking how can they tell from getting you to follow their finger etc but obviously they know the signs. I also went to my optician because i heard they can see pressure behind your eye with tumors and my eyes were fine. I think even if you had a scan you wouldn't believe it and think it was something else causing your symptoms because thats what i did.

Anxiousmess
14-05-12, 13:24
I just feel so wierd in my head, i feel like im going completely brain dead, i jus stare at things all the time, and when i try and read or concentrate real hard it makes me really dizzy and makes my head feel wierder, and im worried because when i put pressure on certain parts of my head it sends me into a massive dizzy spell where i feel i will litrally pass out, i cant even lift my head or anything during this. im only 23, but im convinced i have a tumor in either my head or overies.. i feel like im floating when i walk, and i constantly have amazing amounts of head pressure, and i always have this awful ill/dread feeling all over my body.. what the hell is happening to me!!! Ty for ur replies xx

meche
14-05-12, 13:24
I totally agree Zippy. A clear MRI on somebody with HA means diddly squat - we would still think there was something else causing the symptoms or just jump to another illness to drive us equally as crazy! It's a vicious circle. xx

Mindful
14-05-12, 16:51
When I was worried about this brain tumour thing...I never mentioned to my doctor.

I took myself to Boots and got an eye test...I paid the extra £10 to get the images of the back of my eyes where they can see if there's any pressure which a tumour would do....The images were fine no pressure or anything so it soon stopped my worry....
I've heard people have found out about brain tumours from having eye tests...the images are like eye health....

Might be a easier cheaper way to stop your worries....:hugs: Totallt agree with this post, the opticians will check for any pressure in the eye and know the signs of anything BT related and do a much thorough test than the docs do.

I just feel so wierd in my head, i feel like im going completely brain dead, i jus stare at things all the time, and when i try and read or concentrate real hard it makes me really dizzy and makes my head feel wierder, and im worried because when i put pressure on certain parts of my head it sends me into a massive dizzy spell where i feel i will litrally pass out, i cant even lift my head or anything during this. im only 23, but im convinced i have a tumor in either my head or overies.. i feel like im floating when i walk, and i constantly have amazing amounts of head pressure, and i always have this awful ill/dread feeling all over my body.. what the hell is happening to me!!! Ty for ur replies xx Everything you described is classic tension-anxiety.

I personally know someone who had a BT and unfortunately passed away. He was in his early 70's. His symtoms were blacking out, Unable to speak at all and literally falling over when he stood. NO warnings, no floating feeling, just dropping to the ground with zero control. His first black out was whilst driving, ambulance called, taken to hospital and tests done immediately, they know the signs as do docs. x