PDA

View Full Version : Any advice please worried about brain tumour/aneurism

Amysunshine
14-05-12, 13:08
Im 20 and the last two years or so my eye sight has got worse but only in one eye.. and basically every time Im looking left for a long period (say like sat in the cinema and sat in the corner) my right eye starts to ache and I get a little dull feeling on the right temple. I also get this ache if im on the computer as well. So I put my glasses on and this usually helps. I went to the opticians a year ago and said about it and he said that its the muscles in my eyes not contracting properly and not to worry. The last two days Ive been trying to write an essay so Ive been on the computer alot and Ive been finding it more of a struggle then usual. Ive had a dull ache in my right temple and its kind of like a heavy feeling but only on one side, its not like a pain, it doesnt hurt I can just feel it there. Im really worried that its a brain tumour or an aneurism. and what made it worse..this bit is hard to explain...i pushed by my ear (ive researched on google think it is near the temporal bone) there is something there that is not on my other ear. it feels like an extra round bit of bone coming off of my jaw bone. On my other ear it is hollow but on the right ear it is round and hard but when I come to think of it im sure its been there along time because I remember thinking before wether i had it on my other ear but I mustve forgotten about it. Im really worried wether this is a tumour??? can you get a tumour here this is rock hard? can any one please help me I really dont want another panic attack :( :weep: thank you xx

Mindful
14-05-12, 16:56
Go have a doc take a look!
The lump just below the ear on the jaw bone could well be a lymph node, the more you touch, the longer it will stay.Not harmful at all. The rest sounds like eye strain to me but as said already, get a doc to have a look! x

Amysunshine
14-05-12, 20:46
its above the ear. cant explain where but thanks x

rockydog
14-05-12, 21:52
Hey our skulls arent symetrical just like our legs and ankles etc are all different. You real sound like you have eye strain, that is exactly what i get one weaker eye, temple stress etc it all makes sense and fits in with eye strain. It is very unlikely you would have a lump you could feel and if you can feel it, it certainly isnt a brain tumour, you cant detect them from the outside. But tell the doctor you are worried, just so you dont worry any more. x

nomorepanic
14-05-12, 21:55
Please go and see the doc for reassurance as I am trying to stop members from asking for and giving medical advice on here as we cannot say what it is as we are not qualified. Sorry.

Amysunshine
15-05-12, 16:17
Its ok I understand, just looking for reassurance really as I know truthfully I am probably fine. Thanks for the comments guys, my friend felt the lump above the ear and she says she always gets them and then they go down so if it doesnt go down Ill go to the doctors. The eye strain has eased off today x

rockydog
15-05-12, 22:19
Hey glad you are feeling ok, I have a lump on my head permanantly had for about 6 years but its only a cyst. It is hard to offer or share experiences trying to help without feeling you are doing wrong by giving medical advice. Thing is when we reply we presume that people have already been diagnosed with anxiety, just always get a new symptom checked out and remember most things arent serious, while you are waiting for the appointment. xx