PDA

View Full Version : How Does Alcohol Effect Your Anxiety?

daveyboywales
08-07-06, 20:33
When I have a couple of drinks my anxiety completely goes, I have no problems what so ever. Its generally the next day thats the killer for me, I feel down and anxiety is back in full force

Two heads
08-07-06, 20:37
If i have a few drinks im nomally ok the next day.But more than a few im highly anxious the next day.Hope this helpsxxx

manmoor
08-07-06, 20:39
Hi Davey,

I agree with you totally. When I have a drink I feel normal and it's a great feeling. But the past 2 weeks I've been on antibiotics and havent had any alcohol and I still feel yuk lol.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

trevor
08-07-06, 20:56
hey davey,,

i agree with you,,its cool init lol,,i only have a glass or two of red wine of a night and maybe a drambuie(small one) just relaxes me after the days troubles,,

trick is not to use it to try and control your anxiety,,

cheers trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

suzy1984
08-07-06, 21:00
hmm this post got me thinking, everything iv read since i started suffering with anxiety says alcohol will make it worse so iv been pretty much teetotal for 2 years, iv been to scared to drink incase it brings on a panic attack whilst im out but maybe its worth giving it a go if it still has the effect of helping me relax.
Love
Suzy xx:)

polly daydream
08-07-06, 21:30
I can't drink at all when the anxiety is bad, it just causes me to panic more. Lucky anybody it helps.

Polly

brink
08-07-06, 23:45
if a couple of drinks helps for a time to get you away from them panics i say go for it

brink
08-07-06, 23:51
if a couple of drinks helps for a time to get you away from them panics i say go for it

carol1969
09-07-06, 10:37
Alcohol relaxes me when im panicky but too much can increase your anxiety. Alcohol makes your serotonin levels rise and then drop severely hence heightened anxiety. I learn't the hard way and I just stick to a couple of glasses of wine on the night now. The other is lack of sleep that makes me really panicky.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

carol1969
09-07-06, 10:47
Here is a site that explains it: http://stresshelp.tripod.com/id13.html
Read under NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ON BRAIN AND BODY BIOCHEMISTRY

If you have peace of mind you have everything