PDA

View Full Version : Returning for a Spell!

Klonoa
14-05-12, 16:48
Hi ladies and gents,

I've been away for a while working on my anxiety/depression to try and get better. I finally got some help about 7 months ago and was put on fluoxetine as I had had it before and worked ok with it.

My mood improved enough that I didn't bite my husband's head off so much, randomly crying e.t.c, I stopped having obsessive thoughts about fear of dying, got around to making some friends and gods forbid - I even managed to pass my driving test.

Basically some of my depression and anxiety stems from being so socially isolated since I moved to America 5 or so years ago. So I knew getting my permit was a key step in making a life for myself here and unraveling the problems of my illness/health.

But - recently I cant get into anything. Art and crafting is my life (literally, I can't and don't want to live without it!) but it just brings no joy to me at all lately - in fact nothing really does! My friends havn't met up lately having all been busy, so Ive been thinking about looking for a new group to try out, but I still have to deal with learning to drive on the interstates yet.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling so lazy and uninspired to do anything. Its almost lunch time and I havn't done anything useful at all and its been like this for several weeks now. I tried working through it but it just feels uphill all the way and I don't feel any kind of positivity for accomplishing anything.

I feel frustrated with myself for being like this, but I dont feel like I'm useless or the world is comming to an end or this that and the other but I don't know how to deal with this hump either. Its very odd. I'm considering increasing my prozac (my doctor already oked it), but don't want to do it unless absolutely necessary. I'm wondering if its something chemical/hormonal because really, for everything else so far its going to plan.

I knew getting my permit was only one step of the journey and not the answer to everything so uhh... meh. Confused, unmotivated, not feeling emotionally much of anything right now. I dont have a therapist (I'm SAHM, hubby has only car so I can't get to one), I have a couple of great self help books that have helped me log progress on the journey to getting better.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd LOVE to hear it because I honestly am at a loss here lol

In the mean time ladies and gents, British expat in America at your service if you need someone to blow off steam to. Maybe that pasty tax, yes? :P

PS - sorry for wall of text.

nomorepanic
14-05-12, 16:49
Hi Klonoa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.