PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety?

zippy
15-05-12, 13:36
Have any of you witnessed a relative or friend die of cancer and remember their symptoms? My auntie died 2 yrs ago from breast cancer that had spread and me and my mam visited her twice a day in hospital and when my health anxiety is bad i can never get out of my head that she said she felt achey and loose bowels etc etc. I am having a bad phase with my HA at the minute and i am aching all over and i can't get out of my head that my auntie said she felt achey and all the other symptoms. Can you feel this achey with just anxiety? It feels like literally every bone and muscle is aching and i can't seem to feel warm, i feel like i am getting flu or run a marathon every day and i don't even feel that anxious now.

xJust_Sarahx
15-05-12, 13:52
Hi,
yes i have witnessed my x partners sister die from lukemia and a good neighbours sister die from lung cancer which came on from bowel cancer. So my health anxiety went even worse from all stuff witnessed etc! To be honest i feel achy majority of the time, i always seem to feel feverish and achy ribs and wrists and everything!! I can be freezin cold and get warm and nice hot bath to relieve it one minute.. then the next i am sooo hot i cant believe it, and then when i say take a layer off.. im freezin again!! just cant seem to win!

I have been to the doctors a few times from this kinda thing of always feeling ill and feverish and had my blood took and they put it down to stress and anxiety and depression just affecting my immune system and making me vulnerable to bugs etc. Thats why its best to keep eatin healthy etc and little bits of exercise and just try ploodding through it really as it really is just anxiety realated, and to be honest if your going to pick at every little thing then your going to feel it.. for example my breathing is my issue therefore thats all i can think of 24/7 and stops me doing anything!!

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

*plodding through i mean lol.

zippy
15-05-12, 13:54
No i have been like this on and off for a few weeks now. I can get up in the morning and not feel that achey and then by tea time i am aching all over. But some days like today i have felt achey since i have got up and i feel cold right to my bones.

imissnotworrying
15-05-12, 13:56
No i have been like this on and off for a few weeks now. I can get up in the morning and not feel that achey and then by tea time i am aching all over. But some days like today i have felt achey since i have got up and i feel cold right to my bones.

in this case i'd say it's def stress/anxiety related. stress/anxiety can even cause fibromyalgia, which is more than feeling achey, it's chronic widespread pain on all or most days. but even that can be treated and is not life threatening Xx

zippy
15-05-12, 14:08
How do you stop this stupid vicious circle? You worry about 1 thing and then bring on all these other symptoms and then think something serious is wrong. Mine started over a lump on my belly that is still there but it's gone down alot and now i have made myself feel so ill.

xJust_Sarahx
15-05-12, 14:25
And did u get that lump checked out by doctor for your own reasurrance?

zippy
15-05-12, 14:33
Yes i have been to 3 different gp's in the last month who all said it wasn't anything nasty and they thought it was an abscess. I have been taking antibiotics for the last month and it has gone down but it hasn't gone. I started thinking it was a cancerous lump and then i was checking it all the time. It brought on my anxiety symptoms i.e waking up early in a sweat, nightmares, weak/tingling arm, loose bowels etc. I am not even worried about the lump now because it's not as big so it's obviously nothing sinister. But now i am aching from head to toe and i have probably made myself this ill with worry but my stupid brain will never accept i have done it to myself.

xJust_Sarahx
15-05-12, 14:39
i understand where you coming from and what you mean, im similiar in the sense as i have made my brain think i am allergic to things i have never been allergic to before, i have got myself checking labels to see if they contain nuts etc, and if they do i wont eat them, even though years ago i used to eat m&m peanuts and never been allergic.

So anyway on a galaxy caramel label it didnt say it contained nuts so i ate it, and i was fine but when i looked up on the internet and it said it may contain nuts then i started to feel like my throat was going tight and i was struggling to breathe.

Like u said its a vicious circle and its very hard to get out of it, my motto is to try and embrace things and challenge them, thats how i get through each day even though im housebound.

zippy
15-05-12, 14:51
I know it's suprising what the mind can and will do. I know deep down that this aching all over is with anxiety because i was like this once before but then it went away and you forget how bad it can be. I could feel myself this last month slowly getting worse with worrying over this stupid lump. My friend and partner kept saying just leave it and forget about it but i couldnt get it off my mind.
I am sure you will be fine after eating your galaxy caramel, it's your mind playing tricks on you making you think you can't breath etc. It's horrible isn't it HA?

xJust_Sarahx
15-05-12, 15:04
Its easiar said than done though when people say try and forget about it.. ignore it etc, unless u experience it then u can never understand how awful it is. it does definitly take over your life, i feel iv wasted all my teen years and early 20's been controlled by this, yet i feel worse.. no better.

swgrl09
15-05-12, 15:14
I watched my mom pass away from neuroendocrine cancer a year and a half ago and it really affected my health anxiety. This past month I had a virus and I have seen 4 dif docs over symptoms related to it because I never believe them. It's awful. Hers was rare and did not have many symptoms so now any symptom I have I believe is a possible sign of a rare disease. I've been getting extensive therapy to try to get past this.