PDA

View Full Version : we are all stronger than we think

suzy1984
08-07-06, 22:57
Hi
Was just wondering if the fear of feeling guilty about not doing something forces anyone else to face their fears? I find not wanting to feel guilty can be the one thing that forces me into doing things & not letting people down. Amazed myself today by offering to pick my brother up from work from a busy shopping centre but didnt bank on the traffic, it was horrendous and one thing im not good at is sitting in traffic i get panicky & edgy, if id have gone in the car park i would have had to queue for even longer so i parked across the road & managed to wait for my brother & take the back way home even though it meant going on fast roads in an area i dont know very well. I desperatly wanted 2 just turn round & go home as soon as i saw the traffic but i didnt want to let my brother down.
I guess the point to all my waffling is that we are all stronger than we think & no matter how physical all of our feelings are they can be beaten & when we are really pressed we can all achieve things we think are impossible.
Take care love
Suzy xx :)

Eclipse
09-07-06, 00:08
Hi,
Firstly, I admire you greatly for even driving...I'm so envious! I keep promising myself I'll learn and part of me is SO determined to have done it by the end of this year but the hold up is that I can't even bring myself to have the photo done for the provisional! How sad is that? I agree with you about being driven to do things to save letting other people down and I think you deserve an enormous pat on the back for what you did for your brother.[Wow!]:D I hope he appreciates the step you took for him - I'd have been as proud as punch if it'd been me.
Good on you!
B Wolf
XX

brentor_wolf

polly daydream
09-07-06, 01:10
Good on you suzy, I bet that took some guts. I am the same, I end up pushing myself to do things even if I get panicky, that includes driving and being stuck in traffic.

Best wishes,

Polly

chedda
09-07-06, 21:36
Hia Suzy and WELL DONE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
You did fantastic you should be so proud of yourself.
At one time i used to push myself to do stuff so i wouldnt let others down but im now agoraphobic but im waiting for CBT and will be pushing myself then :)
Take care cheryl xx

chucklehound
10-07-06, 03:08
WELL DONE SUZY!!!!

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

henri
10-07-06, 20:54
such a good post, everything you've said is totally spot on.
well done for surviving the drive! xx