PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization

mandshere2000
15-05-12, 17:05
Hi to all
Just wondering if anyone has wondered why DP\DR affects some people and not others its somthing ive often thought about and would love to hear anyones views on this
Manda

Jenwales
15-05-12, 21:11
I never used to get it, it's just suddenly happened. It's weird it started at night and turned into a panic attack. I think its cos I'm always in my own world

Beckybooboo
15-05-12, 21:48
Hey,

This is one of the questions that I've always longed the answers for.

Apparently, due to a chemical imbalance in the brain which could start literally whenever for anyone people experience OCD, depression, anxiety, panic disorders etc. Some people also claim that it's due to genetics and deep life experiences from child hood which are all built into your subconscious mind.

There's a lot of conspiracy and questions surrounding this particular topic, but I do find it highly interesting how it affects the brain. Maybe go on google and see if there are any Q&A about this particular subject and how these issues chemically affect the brain and it's functioning.

Thanks,
Becky

dan1991
16-05-12, 03:26
Yes on occasion I look in the mirror and don't even recognise myself. The world feels unreal. Anxiety is ruining my life. I feel like I am dead but still alive

Beckybooboo
16-05-12, 12:41
Hi,

I totally get where you're coming from, but here's something you need to know about anxiety/depression/OCD.

You are not alone in this, you are still there, but due to the issues you're facing this in somewhat differentiates you from the other people who are able to ignore the intrusive thoughts, urges, complications. Your anxiety is heightened, thus causing you to panic, thus causing you to feel depressed, thus causing you to not recognize yourself.

You are STILL THERE. Don't let the anxiety/OCD/Depression tell you any differently.

Always live in hope.

grotbags
16-05-12, 19:24
Depersonalization was my first symptom, then it turned into panic disorder. I really really hate the feeling of it.

darksideofthemoon
16-05-12, 19:56
I get Depersonalization / Derealization - What I hate about it is it is so hard to explain to a person who has never had it. You sound like a wacko when you try to explain your symptoms to someone.....