PDA

View Full Version : will i ever feel normal again ?

lett20
15-05-12, 17:37
Hi I'm new to the site , I have suffered with anxiety on and off for about 8 years now but the past few months things have been very difficult .. every day I wake up with a feeling of dread , I feel light headed and like I'm not really here and that nothing is real as soon as I get up I want it tobe bed time again .. I have lost my appetite and just feel like I'm living in a bad dream ... I worry about every symptom I have they include . Headache , dizziness , nausea , light headed , short of breath , shaking !! U just want to know if I will ever feel normal and live a normal life x

Meltdown
15-05-12, 19:35
To answer your question, yes you will be "normal" again!

I went through a phase of feeling as you describe about 18 months ago, but eventually it passed...I have been suffering a lot again recently, but this time the symptoms have been different! That's one of the weird things about panic and anxiety, the symptoms seem to evolve into something different over time!

" I worry about every symptom I have" - and that's the problem really! If you can just accept feeling strange for a few days, without worrying about it, you may well find the symptoms diminish, or go away altogether!

lett20
15-05-12, 19:38
Thanks for your reply , I will have a day were i feel okish and think yes im getting better but then i have a bad day and feel back at square one x

Pacific
15-05-12, 22:55
Hey i feel exactly the same. You will get better, for sure. Like you said if you have a good day and a bad day doesn't mean ur back at square one tho, try to take it day by day. I felt same as you 2 years ago for a while and it went away for a long time and well now it's back.. But you will feel normal again i promise ^^!

oROGUETROOPERo
19-05-12, 21:16
U will I whent 20years without them It can be done

Sal W
19-05-12, 21:23
Mornings are the worst for me too! I am often better by the evening and feel almost normal again, then back to square one the next morning - it really sucks! I also think it's really common for people to feel worse in the morning. I have been suffering anxiety and panic attacks for the last three months but I am improving now. Two steps forward one step back but I will grt there and so will you. Wishing you comfort and hope, Sal x:flowers:

ChangelingGirl
19-05-12, 21:29
I think you will get better with proper treatment. Do you follow therapy and/or take medication (preferably and SSRI antidepressant)? It may take a while to figure out the right treatment, but you are by no means a lost case. If you have good days and bad days, I agree the bad days don't mean you're back at square one.

AngelHeart
19-05-12, 22:57
I believe you will as I have done. A few months ago I was a wreck but now I'm almost normal with maybe one day a week where my anxiety is vamped! With the right treatment wether it be meds you need or if you think you can go without ( like i did ) you can recover. What has helped me the most is the Claire Weekes books, they are very informative and help you to calm your nervous system down . She tells you to accept your symptoms and try to 'float' past things. They are a really good read. Just want you to know your not alone and it will get better, you just have to have a little belief in yourself xx

grotbags
20-05-12, 13:48
I have been that bad and it did pass eventually. It's just horrible, horrible to have to live through it at the time.