PDA

View Full Version : is it possible?

Tessie28
19-05-04, 11:36
do you think it is possible that when they tried to to intubate me i had a panic attack? it just struck me that i've never been good about GAs due to lack of control [on my part]. like flying really [:0]
if that was the case i would have been fighting what she was trying to do and it would account for the fact my heart rate went through the roof [i overheard that bit - too many episodes of casualty i expect].

just a thought really doesn't affect how i feel right now - which is less panic more anxiety but still so little sleep[|)] still blood pressure is moving in the right direction - until friday when i go back again. at least this week i should know for sure about the pin and he did say he could do it under block if needs be.

many thanks for your thoughts
love tess

Meg
19-05-04, 12:10
Tess,

By the time they actually intubate you - you will have had 2 or 3 meds which should cumulatively have meant you and your system were too sedated to have had one, but if what they used was very light and you were still aware of everything - then its entirely possible .

Heart rates go through the roof for all sorts of reasons- to compensate for a drop in BP, panic, pain, drug stimulus etc

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Tessie28
19-05-04, 13:17
thanks Meg,
tess