PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel lonely and depressed when nobody around

listening_guide
16-05-12, 11:17
Ever feel lonely and depressed when nobody around ?

Some reason i have times i am not comfortable in my own company and i feel low, when i stayed in my own flat years ago i got so depressed and suicidal at one point.

im just worried in later years when im old il be the person that has nobody around them and i want to be comfortable with myself when that time comes

Beckybooboo
16-05-12, 13:50
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this, I completely sympathize with the situation you're currently dealing with. I know how it feels to feel alone.

You're not comfortable in your own company because you don't know how to be. You're frightened, scared, and uncomfortable because you've not given yourself a proper chance to FEEL how you want to FEEL and to be how you want to be. You can though, you just need to shift the gears and do things you enjoy doing. Why don't you go out for a walk on a beautiful day, look at the clouds, admire the flowers, really enjoy life for what it is.

If you don't want to leave the house, which I totally understand as I need to just chuck myself out there to actually do that, then why don't you focus on something happy online? Watch a good film, there are loads of funny videos on YouTube too that might be able to cheer you up. Or read a good success story on here, or maybe start writing down how you feel in a story with a happy ending?

It isn't over, you won't be alone. The only reason you're alone is because you're allowing yourself to be. I don't want to come across as insensitive but you can change this for yourself, and make your world what you want it to be.

I wish you all the best,
Becky

Patsta
23-05-12, 04:57
Hi listening guide,
i know how you feel. I am a mother of 6, although 3 grown up and 3 at school, I find myself at home, with plenty to do to occupy my time, but feel so alone. No adult conversation, the same old routine day in day out, it does my head in and I am starting to get depressed over it. I am now looking at doing a course, although online, it will keep my mind active and I'll be doing something that I've wanted to study since the age of 5, but never did!
You just need to find what it is that is going to make you happy and feel less alone and go for it!
Good luck

grotbags
23-05-12, 20:02
I like my own company up to a point, but if I spend too long alone I start to get very low.

toshtao
24-05-12, 11:37
I myself have been alone my whole life. I never had any friends nor did I socialize. I would always get nervous or fatigued when around them, which explains my hesitance toward them.

I can not say I regret it, though, as I am accustomed to it. So I really can not sympathize with you listening guide.

I enjoy being alone, but when I do want social interaction while still remaining anonymous I go to You Tube and watch comedy videos.