PDA

View Full Version : In such a state today

GirlAfraid23
16-05-12, 11:57
My mum has been referred for an "urgent" appointment at the hospital after going to the doc today with slight bleeding despite having about 11 and 1/2 months without a period.

I'm going out of my mind with worry as I already suffer greatly from seperation anxiety surrounding my mum mainly, I can't imagine her being ill and what it will do to me.

She has no other symptoms.
Does it sound like cancer to you? I actually hate that word, its like a swear word to me.

vicky23
16-05-12, 12:21
that's a really scary thing to have to hear so I totally understand your fear.
These things do happen in older women just a 'breakthrough' bleed I've heard them called so it doesn't necessarily mean anything serious. If at all possible try to distract yourself while you wait- waiting is horrid! maybe go for a run or some time with friends whatever works best for you.
best wishes
X

GirlAfraid23
16-05-12, 17:07
Thanks vicky, i am trying but its very hard.

I don't know what to do. My mum is. so worried, she keeps crying & its really upsetting. I dont know how to reassure her.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

I had a panic attack earlier, I've for so much to worry about i dont know how to handle it.
I have an exam next month, i doubt i will be able to concentate

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Please...has anybody known anything similar?

Mr Brownstone
16-05-12, 18:54
What else did the doc say? Did he mention the possibilities as to what it could be or are you assuming?

GirlAfraid23
16-05-12, 22:54
He said it could be a number of issues, mum has suffered polyps in the past.
They have to rule out the worst apparentley.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

It's the waiting thats the hardest. I can't stand my mum looking so down. I know she can't help worrying but i can do nothing to reassure her.
I hope it isn't the worst case scenario.

GirlAfraid23
17-05-12, 18:41
Thanks sky, that's very reassuring to hear.
The thing is, mum is on the cusp of menopause and post as she started her last period 12 months ago but as she bled for a whole month, it didn't finish until June. So then 11.5 months.
We are more concerned because i know post menopausal bleeding is normally abnormal.
She's only really spotting now though.

She has been having hot flushes for 6 months or so now...its all confusing. I've read on some forums that menopause can go on for 7 years!!!

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

The main symptom of womb cancer is post menopausal bleeding apparently