PDA

View Full Version : adominal stinging- anybody had this ?

hyg
16-05-12, 16:05
Hi,
I do suffer from IBS from time to time-but have been ok recently however over the last few days I have had moderate stinging /burning sensations in different areas of my abdoman. It s mainly around the belly button but can move above or below this point.
Common sense is telling me its probably an IBS variant probably brought on by anxiety as the sensation isnt there constantly. HOWEVER my health fears are telling me its an ulcer. Im not googling it because. . . . .

Just wondered if anyone else gets anything similar ?:huh:

Mooky2
17-05-12, 10:18
Yes, I have this at the moment. Around the bellybutton area and a little higher and also in random places around the abdomen. Do you think it is I.B.S? I also have horrible gurgling and squelching sounds from my stomach. Do you have other symptoms?

Mooky:)

hyg
18-05-12, 17:40
Hi mooky,
noises from your tummy are normally part of the IBS spectrum-and yes I get these !
Im still getting the tingling but have nt had this before. Im sure its anxiety as its so random and I would nt want to waste a GP s time going just for this. I know one of the anxiety symptoms is tingling/prickling anywhere on the body.
I suppose it will phase out for both of us !
Hyg x

Mooky2
18-05-12, 23:20
Hi

Does your tummy get really sore and tender to touch? I have burning/stinging sensations in a few stomach areas and of course, I have probably been poking and prodding and made it more sore!!

Mooky:)

leebe18
21-05-12, 01:34
mine feels like i have been stabbed or punched 12 hours a day its really draining, stinging is another way to describe it

hyg
21-05-12, 21:45
Hi, It certainly sounds anxiety related for all of us. I felt upset yesterday and the burning /stinging sensation was almost instant.Yes my tummy does feel sore sometimes it feels like theres a mouse running through my insides !!!:unsure: