PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest and dizziness

Ric77767
16-05-12, 17:27
Hello all basically the last few days. My chest has felt tight on the left hand side. Had a panic attack the other night and nearly called a ambulance felt that bad and like I was having a heart attack. Had a stressful week my wife fainted Friday so really freaked out about that. Then Saturday had a wedding which I was usher so was on edge all day with tight chest and stomach muscle pain.

Then Monday was when I had chest pain and rapid heart beat.
Also been feeling lighthead and weak legs,

Does this all sound like it is because I have had to much stress. If so how long should this last.

Also got some beta blockers to take but worry about side affects. As keep thinking theres a problem with me heart because of chest pain.

Thanks all ric

Janina87
16-05-12, 22:15
Hi this sounds very like Anxiety but then I am not a Dr so if you havent seen by your Gp yet about your Chest Pain then i would suggest you do so just to get it checked out...But if you have and everything sounds fine then try and tell yourself its anxiety..I had the same symptoms and it turned out it was all caused by work stress i went of the sick for just 2 weeks and feel better not cured but better...it can take a while for it all to settle but it takes for you to accept thats what is wrong with you and once you do it will get better. Also on beta blockers and 1 a day helps me now but i started of on 3...

xx Nina ...pm me if you want i just have been through exacly same problem i might give you some support xx

Ric77767
17-05-12, 13:18
Thanks for your reply. Yeah been to go. Had ECG and bloods done all clear.
Do you even get the breathlessness and lightheadedness for no reason ?! My beta blockers are 1 80mg half inderella. May take one today do they really help ?!

imissnotworrying
17-05-12, 14:49
anxiety can cause muscle tension (i get that) pain from muscle tension (had a bit of that too) breathlessness (i've often felt like i couldn't even finish my sentences!) feeling spacey/lightheaded (had that too, felt kinda 'out of it') rapid heart beat (thought i was having a heart attack) dizzyness (haven't had that one personally but you'll find lots of anxiety suffers have) and obviously, when all these things come at once, panic attacks! also when you've had the checks on your heart and your bloodwork is normal there's really no cause to worry, there's nothing wrong in your body, it's the excess adrenaline/cortisol from stress/anxiety causing your symptoms. once i've been checked out i just try to ignore my symptoms until they pass, and they always do. just tell yourself 'this will pass'. if you drink caffeine try to cut down because that's a trigger for lots of people. i can't even touch it, it makes my anxiety so much worse. i also recommend camomile tea to anyone with anxiety as it's calming to mind and body Xx

Janina87
18-05-12, 04:04
hi ric personally i felt that the beta blockers did take away the racing heart but they did not take away the other symptoms like chest soreness and feeling hard to breathe also i felt that they slowed me down a lot i have a 2 year old to look after and felt that i could not full fill my job anymore so i tried just taking one tablet at night instead of 3 a day and it done alot of difference to my daily life also ric i recomment camomile tea it really help me before bed and frankinsense aroma therapy oil a few drobs in the bath and 2 drobs on ur pillow this is an oil that is for stress and anxiety. Sorry for late reply have been busy working x x keep in touch if you need me anytime x x

Ric77767
18-05-12, 11:36
Thanks again for your comments. May try taking one before bed. Just worries me regarding the slowing your heart beat down. Good old anxiety.

Today went for a walk and felt dizzy And like I was walking all over the place.
Not sure if it's just my breathing as seems like I don't tame enough breaths. ?!