PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with setback and Gastric Reflux

brenda
09-07-06, 12:10
Hi guys
Well I'm really struggling at the moment.
I'm trying to be more positive and am doing a CBT course starting on the 17th. I'm trying to occupy myself more which is helping me to feel a lot better about myselg.
Then I get a problem like a bad headache or gastric reflux. I seems like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall all the time.
I was fine yesterday. Went to bed and started going to sleep then started feeling sick/gastric reflux and had to get a water bottle and lay still till the sickness went off.
I didnt get to sleep till 1.30 and today am shattered.
My stomach feels really sore with pain through my shoulders etc. I have been for tests twice and they didnt find anything.
medication doesnt seem to help either and I worry about taking different tablets.
I'm wondering if any of you get similar problems.
It seems that my body is trying to stop me getting better in some way. Like a setback for being positive is the only way I can describe it.
I feel like my mind doesnt like me getting better so it gives me these symptoms to keep me down.
Would it do that?
Sorry if I havent explained that very well

Hugs
Pam

Karen
09-07-06, 12:38
Hi Pam

Sorry you are feeling so rough today and lack of sleep doesn't help.

These symptoms can all be related to anxiety, particularly if you have had test done to exclude a medical cause.

Have you tried Aloe Vera juice which some people have found helpful for tummy problems.

I hope you find the CBT helpful.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

brenda
09-07-06, 12:40
HI KAren
No I havent tried aloe vera.
Might be worth a try.
I dont like trying anything new as I worry about being alergic to it or something. Daft I know but just another one of my anxieties :-)

Thanks again
Pam

carlin
09-07-06, 15:54
Hi there, sorry you are suffering at the moment, as you say it is a set back and things will slowly improve. I too, take no meds, but if I get acid reflux i do pop a pepcid-2 in my mouth? It helps within minutes, and just tastes minty, had never had a reaction and neither has anyone i have recommend it too, it is a very common symptom, especially with anxiety sufferers, maybe sleep with an extra pillow, or tilt the end of the bed up a little. take care and keep in touch. xx

polly daydream
09-07-06, 16:07
Hi Pam, I suffer with gastic problems, I am actually going to be referred to see someone soon, I have got to take the H.Pylori test first which I am doing next week as it also makes me feel sick, try drinking some hot or warm milk when it happens as for me it just dulls the acid a little and stops the nausia.

Best wishes,

Polly x

darkangel
09-07-06, 16:12
Hi there pam

I had this last week, really bad indigestion and feeling sick and the feeling that unless you got the gas up you would stop breathing - does this make sense? Also I get the pain between my shoulder baldes and it is agony. Anyway I get this about every few months and my GP prescribes me Zoton but I can only take them for a few days to clear the pain and ind as they cause me severe diaeaoha if taken for longer (cant spell) . My GP says to watch my diet and cut down on caffeine, no fizzy drinks, no spicy foods, no chewing gum and to eat slowly and chew food properly. When we are anxious we tend to overbreathe and this can cause a build up of gas in the upper stomach. I take gaviscon at night. During the day I sip peppermint tea.

Hope this has maybe helped a little

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

brenda
09-07-06, 16:16
Thanks Dark Angel
I have used prescrition meds but they only worked for a while.
I will try some antacid tablets and see if that helps
I already sleep propped up and have a restricted diet. just get a bit fed up with it and eat something I shouldnt and it flares up

Glad I am not the only one to get this
Thanks for your replies
Pam x