PDA

View Full Version : Heart (again!)

brucey
17-05-12, 00:03
I was just starting to feel better about my heart after 10 days of nothing. But last night I was watching a violent tv drama and all of a sudden my heart seemed to go into a flutter with totally irregular heartbeats for about 5 seconds. Gave me a huge fright. I know it was brought on by anxiety from the tv programme, but I worried that it wouldn't go back to normal. Is this palpitations? Or multiple ectopics? Or even a heart arrhythmia? I am very scared and I know this will make it worse. Please help. X

tbh8644
17-05-12, 00:10
I'm going through heart worries myself. I'll help you if you help me :) You just said yourself that it was brought on my anxiety so... it was anxiety. You were afraid it wouldn't go back to normal but it did. Have you had an ekg recently, a recent doctor's appointment, etc... to know you're in the clear?

brucey
17-05-12, 00:53
I had an ECG, heart scan and 24 hour monitor last year. My third lots of these tests in four years. All fine. I don't really want to go through all the tests again as they make me even more anxious!

tbh8644
17-05-12, 01:02
From a fellow anxiety sufferer it sounds like anxiety to me. I know it's annoying to hear but read the post I just put up. Everyone is saying that's anxiety as well.

Jsp
17-05-12, 09:35
It really does sound anxiety to me. You mentioned you was watching a violent TV drama? Well, when I ever watch anything similar, or just anything exciting, my heart goes into spaz mode and I start getting palpitations like mad!

This is the adrenaline rushing into your heart. It causes one side of your heart to beat a little bit off. It is NOT dangerous at all! It's normal for human beings, especially anxiety sufferers.

You also said you've had ECG's done before. Seeing as they all came up fine, I'm 98% sure there's nothing wrong :)

Bailey2001
17-05-12, 09:38
i get that all the time, im sure its nothing to worry about at all..just that body of yours trying to give you a fright...youll be fine :)