PDA

View Full Version : Felt like heart stopped, blood-like taste in mouth

brentcat
17-05-12, 09:05
Hi, I'm 18 and began suffering panic/anxiety attacks 6 months ago.

Today I was at home, I started to feel dizzy and weak. Went upstairs to do some breathing exercises and these feelings continued. I then started to get pins and needles all over my chest. I checked my pulse, there was none and my mouth filled with a blood- like taste. I ran downstairs across the road to my old school's front office screaming. It was an extremely terrifying experience as I legitimately thought I was about to die.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

I'm so scared i can barely get to sleep.

emmasaurus
17-05-12, 13:01
Yes. I've been experiencing this of late (usually at night, in bed) - feeling as though my heart's stopped/is about to stop, and the flood of terror that accompanies the episode. I don't know what causes it, but I'm terrified to be alone at the moment. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow, and although it should relieve me, I'm half-worried he'll tell me it's just another physical anxiety symptom I have to get used to. Have you seen your own GP?

brentcat
17-05-12, 15:10
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm seen my GP regarding panic attacks but of a different nature (increased heart rate, palpitations, chest pains, etc), I'm yet to see him regarding this episode, quiet frankly if it's a common experience i'm just going to try as hard as i can to brush it off.

Did you experience the taste as well?

brentcat
18-05-12, 07:07
Anyone else experienced this taste?

xtremx
18-05-12, 19:47
Anyone else experienced this taste?

The taste you are getting in your mouth could be from acid reflux sometimes it tastes like a metallic taste in mouth (abit like blood does) I get that taste often.

As or The esophagus runs right next to the heart and the feeling we get from something irritating the esophagus feels like the heart.