PDA

View Full Version : Is this a UTI? have you been through these symptoms!

Skye1978
17-05-12, 12:42
Hi I'm looking to seek some advice I have been suffering from anxiety / panic attacks going on three years now.
My problem is growing up I always suffered with water infections but it was a burning sensation badly and having to strain to urinate, About 2 months ago I developed a dull achy pain in my right loin flank area and right kidney bad back pain only got the burning sensation below now and again and pubic bone aches badly, and this time round I urinate frequently.
I went to my GP and did a urine test he found traces of blood he said he couldn't give me anything till he got results back a week later I rang to get my results receptionist said no infection but I was to go for an abdominal x ray which I did the results were badly constipated no kidney stones could be seen, a week later the aching was still there and pain in back was getting worse I went back he gave me an anti depressant which would help with my anxiety and sent me on my way three days after that I had a consultation with him still aching and feeling drained he said he wanted me to come in do another urine test which I have done results were high blood count but no infection found I went in today and repeated test I am seeing a lady gyn tomorrow but if its not an infection? what is it ;( and if no infection was found is that good or bad?

PinkRoxy
18-05-12, 08:42
It could be cystitis without an infection apparently you can get that its when the bladder walls bleed giving you cystitis like symptoms. They usually can diagnose it in a cystoscopy.

Anyway I hope you get it sorted aye

cattttt
18-05-12, 08:43
If you are badly constipated, that could cause all those symptoms.

Skye1978
18-05-12, 13:14
thanks for your replies had a pelvic exam this morning and I have thrush but she did a swab test for other things which I should get back monday they are still concerned with the dull achy pain it could be connected to having high red blood cells in urine sample or the thrush causing it, I have never had thrush before,

snowwhite
22-05-12, 16:50
Skye .... hello, listen, I am dealing with very similar symptoms ..but my pain is on the lower left, the pubic bone area (left side), along the top of the pubic hairline, and also up into the left side of the abdomen .... also, over by the ovary area. Now, back in Feb. I had a CT scan and they said everything was normal, I had bloodwork, and again, that was fine too ...the only prob. was supposedly a UTI, because I had mucus, white blood cells in urine AND I kind of knew I did have a UTI because it really felt like it ...I felt a lot of inner pressure around the bladder and this feeling of needing to 'go" a lot ...... BUT THERE WERE NO NITRITES in the urine, which usually indicates an infection ....so, what the heck? They gave me Cipro and Flagyl, two very heavy duty antibiotics, which I took for 3 days and stopped, it was making me nearly hallucinate and feel HORRIBLE .... after that I took colloidal silver which kills EVERYTHING (actually it only attackls the BAD bacteria, not the good, the way antibiotics do!), lots of cranberry, D-Mannose, water, etc...... ok,so eventually it SEEMED to get better.....and I was "ok" for a few weeks in there.....then, the lower left sided ache started again, about 2 wks . ago....but what also started up (about a wk, before that) was this bladder feeling again! I never once had burning or stinging either.... I do have crazy sudden pains all around the abdomen, left and right... and a very strange bladder feeling..... it's very uncomfortable! But right now,the worst is this awful lower left abdominal ache....I can actually sort of feel a sore spot ... but yet, the CT scan said everything was normal .... I am having to take about 4 tylenol a day just to stop this lousy pain in the lower left abdomen, but I do notice that if I take a xanax, or even half of one, that it seems to definately help this ...... so I had posted about this a while back, i wondered if this could all be anxiety related ...... now, the xanax doesn't ALWAYS do that, there are times it helps SOMEWHAT, not much.....but other times, it's a total Godsend! It definately makes me FEEL better about life in general, at least. So, I don't know, I feel like I'm in the same boat you are ..... what is this, what is wrong? Whatever it is, it is affecting our intestines (which by the way, I do believe you're dealing with as well, bec. you can have IBS problems on the lower right too), oh and I also have pubic bone pain ...LOL..oh wait,, I already said that! LOL ...:wacko:...... I am also having crazy, very BAD dreams, oh boy!
My sleep has been changing all the time ..... for a month or more, I could hardly sleep more than maybe 2 hrs. bec. I kept feelng this need to "go"....then suddenly it changed overnight, to where NOW I can sleep and sleep for hours, and when I wake up, I don't really feel the need to "go", it's scary ... if I take myself to the bathroom on purpose, which I do, yes, I do have to "go", but yet, it was as if my bladder didn't FEEL that, like it was numb ................. anyway, I know what you're feeling, this is awful..........I hope some other people chime in with opinions, bec. I would love to know if this can all be anxiety! I hope you feel better soon ....

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

oh wait, .... a few more things .............. I am 54 yrs. old, and in perimenopause, so my hormones are going nuts! Now, that COULD be the cause of all of this insanity, but I don't know.....how old are you? also, the IC thing..........yeah, I've researched that a lot myself, and that also COULD be a possibility! With IC there can be blood in the urine, along with mucus or debris ..... and with that, you don't have an infection, there 's no bacteria, yet you have symptoms of a UTI .... it's maddening!

PinkRoxy
23-05-12, 07:53
Thrush is so common and harmless I wouldnt worry about it aye. I have it so many times Ive lost count and it pretty much comes everytime before I get my period.

I would just use some thrush cream and it should relieve the symptoms as I do and I rarely see a doctor for my thrush.

anxietyoverload
23-05-12, 11:05
maybe you could have cystitis too? i always used to get thrush, then when i get older it became cystitis, usually i can handle it, but last time it was so bad i was crying, i was weeing blood, i had back ache sooo bad i couldnt move and dull aches all over my stomach! its awful how infections can make you feel x

Skye1978
23-05-12, 20:13
thanks so much for your input I am 33 years old no children I have a history of cystitis I recently self medicated by buying the over the counter cystitis powders they have eased it quite a lot but its trying to sear through my mum thinks I may need something stronger from my GP its the high blood cells in the urine that's concerning me, I cant visually see any blood in my urine but the urine tests seem to be picking it up, ;(