PDA

View Full Version : Can poor appetite affect breathing?

xJust_Sarahx
17-05-12, 15:52
Hi,
i was just wondering if lack of eating could have affect on your breathing as in the effect of obviously your going to lack of energy from not eating.. so everything is more hard work.. takes more energy and effort to do normal general stuff. Just like people say when a car needs fuel to run etc..

Its just i know i have said it alot but i really have a problem with my breathing, i cant just do simple things like going into the kitchen and back without really feeling it when i sit down, and everything takes it out of me.

I have had a peak flow test, and my chest listened to etc and they are ok, i have had iron tablets and had to get bloods retook to see if any better and im waiting for a chest xray to rule out certain things.

I dont each much at all because of the way i am.. panicing over allergic reactions and loosing my appetite due to been depressed etc.. so im wondering if this could be playin apart of it?

I have maybe 2 slices of toast for breakfast, and then something like beans and sausages in a bowl for dinner or a chicago town pizza and thats it until a cuppa tea at night.

I dont eat full proper meals anymore. Im just at my wits end and need some advice please
Thanks

Morag130
17-05-12, 15:59
Hey, I didn't eat at all due to anxiety and depression. Made me feel so week, just getting out of bed and going to the loo made my heart rate go up and my breathing heavier. Cause i was so weak. Also had the shakes!

Maybe try get some nurishment milk shakes from supermarket. This helped me also you get all the vitemins. Just like a protein shake. X