PDA

View Full Version : Red blotches in my chest, back, arms, stomach

Itryireallytry
17-05-12, 18:02
Hello guys. I'm new here. My anxiety started 5 years ago. I was pretty bad at the time, I didn't leave my house, I always thought i was going to die. Oh well. I took some medication and with help from my friends and family I was okau, no more medication. I still feel bad from time to time.

I have A LOT of symptoms in my body from anxiety. One of the recent one is red blotches in my chest, back, sometimes neck. That happens when I leave my house, when I'm in a stressful situation.
I just went to the doctor cause I needed a justification for me not going to work and they appeared again.
I'm so self conscious of them now.
Anyone? If anyone has them too please tell me how to stop thinking about it and what you did or do...

swgrl09
17-05-12, 18:13
I do! I tried to ignore them for about a month, but kept thinking the worst so I went to the doctor for them. Because I was nervous, it happened right there in the office. The doctor said it was not dangerous, just an annoyance. He told me to cut out caffiene (which I did not lol), sugar, and also prescribed a beta blocker to use before stressful situations because I am not on any anti-anx meds.

Itryireallytry
17-05-12, 19:02
Thank you for answering. I was stressing out about it..

imissnotworrying
17-05-12, 20:08
i get this sometimes too when i'm stressed! it's like some kind of blotchy stress rash lol i make light of it if i'm around people, i'm like 'oh look, i must be stressed, the damn stress rash is back' i always try to take deep/slow breaths when it appears though, in through the nose and out through the mouth, it seems to help make them fade quicker for me Xx

Itryireallytry
09-06-12, 20:57
Someone else? :/

saab
10-06-12, 13:12
Hi, I don't get it myself, but a friend got a red blotchy outbreak on her chest and neck if she drank alcohol or when she was in a stressful situation.

If you get this on and off, it's very likely to be the same sort of thing. Lots of people break out in hives too when they are stressing.

milicent
10-06-12, 17:43
My sister has these when she is upset or nervous- great red patches across neck and chest.Suppose its a bit like blushing .

Itryireallytry
20-06-12, 17:43
I keep getting this blotches, anytime I leave the house