PDA

View Full Version : are these feelings normal ?

lett20
17-05-12, 19:01
Hi all ,
After some advice / reassurance really .. after being on 40mg citalopram for 4 years I went down to 20mg last week and had to stop all together on Saturday . I started on venlafaxine 75mg yesterday ! The past few days I have felt dizzy , nausea , headache , floaty and not with it .. I also keep getting palpatations and it feels like my heart is racing ! I was unable to sleep last night and keep getting funny sensations in my head !
My anxiety is at its all time worst at the moment hence my change in medication , I am also due to start seeing a psychologist tomorrow ! I just want to know if these symptoms sound familiar to anybody and if its a withdraw from citaloptam or just my anxiety x

joy
17-05-12, 19:11
bit of both i should think, i;m in the same boat swapping meds is hard

joy

lett20
17-05-12, 19:12
Thanks .. I was nervous anyway at the thought of swapping meds .. how are u getting on with ur change x

Knowlesi
17-05-12, 19:54
Hi, the way describe how you feel sounds perfectly normal. You are no doubt experiencing withdrawl symptoms from the cit accompanied by the what sounds like some of the side effects of the Ven. i started a thread a few weeks back after swapping from mirtazapine to Ven and it was pretty horrendous. Symptoms do subside you just gotta stick it out unfortunately, it gets worse before it gets better.

Stick with it though, Im only new to this ad too so can't talk from experience but Im told it is worth it! :)

joy
17-05-12, 20:26
well had a dreadsful day but shrink said its not withdrawal but the panic hs been awful today
Hope tomorrow is better,for you too

Joy