PDA

View Full Version : Really would like some advice please!

cassy1989
17-05-12, 21:11
My aunty died suddenly 3 weeks ago, she had been unwell for a long time before but the coronar today has said that they cant find a specific cause and are going to put it down to sudden adult death syndrome.
Now I am really scared and panicking because I asked the coronars assistant if this can be inherited and she said it can be but to wait until we have the full report back and then for the family to go to their drs and see what our drs think.
But I am really terrified that some thing is going to happen to me or some one else now :(

Mr Brownstone
17-05-12, 21:15
Well I dont know anything about this syndrome but has anyone else in your family died from it? How old was she? You said she's been unwell anyway, probably linked to that in some way

cassy1989
17-05-12, 21:19
As far as we know no one else in the family has died from it. She was only 49. The thing is the coronar couldn't find any thing that explained it properly.
This really hasn't helped my anxiety at all :(

Mr Brownstone
17-05-12, 21:24
Hmm. i have my suspicions about theorys such as "sudden adult death syndrome"..to me its just a way of saying "we havent figured out what it is". If no one else in the family has ever died from it then it hardly sounds hereditary.

I just looked up hereditary..."parent to offspring", nothing about jumping sideways.

cassy1989
17-05-12, 21:36
Hi, thanks for replying again.

I done the wrong thing and googled earlier and I'm worried because I found a site that said it could be passed on to any one in the family and I was thinking that maybe my grandad and nan could have had a gene that caused this when they had a child together? I'm going out of my mind worrying.
I'm going to go to my drs tomorrow and ask them about it x