PDA

View Full Version : Glad I've Found You...

Bramwell
17-05-12, 21:43
Hello All. Bramwell from UK here. Glad to have found you. I knew I wasn't alone, but the prevalence, gauging by the number on this site is quite a shock. :ohmy: Had anxiety/panic + depressive-episodes that can be measured in decades. Been free for days, weeks, months, even years, but the Heavy Shadow always returns...some day. Had a particularly good run recently - several months free - and then a few days ago, bushuck, back with a bang!! :weep:
Anyway, I have a GP who doesn't suffer fools, but who will try their damndest when realising it's the genuine article has supplied some AD + a few cheeky DZ to aid sleep...which I'm about to take. Hope to view Threads and partake some more when rested. :winks:

nomorepanic
17-05-12, 21:53
Hi Bosher

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
17-05-12, 23:18
Hi & :welcome:

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time ATM, but you are now among others who understand and care. I hope you get as much from being here as I have. I like the 'cheeky DZ'....have a few of those myself :roflmao: Have a good rest!!

Kitti :)

Pipkin
18-05-12, 00:01
Hi Bosher and :welcome:

Good to have you on board. I know what it's like to have a good, no-nonsense GP. Mine's like that - he doesn't take any prisoners but is an excellent GP.

I'm sure you'll make a lot of new friends here and I know you'll find it as helpful as I have. What ADs have you been prescribed btw?

Take care

Pip

sadiesnow
18-05-12, 00:04
Hi hope you had a good nights sleep:yesyes:

sadie

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

hi pip how are you tonight :D

Bramwell
18-05-12, 04:41
Thanks for the views/replies, NMP people. :)
Well I managed to get a few hours DZ-aided kip before a necessary toilet break thrust me once more into this teeming vortex called life. :unsure:
On past experience there's not much chance of more sleep just yet, so it's best to get something done rather than ponder the fate of the universe, so I thought I'd check in here. How are you All?
To reply to Pipkin, I've been prescribed Fluoxetine (which I believe is generic Prozac(?), which is a new one on me. So it's nice to see (obviously 'nice' is the wrong word, but it's very early), that there are some Fluoxetine Diary threads which I'll be watching closely.
My main, previous, AD has been Clomipramine (and it's branded versions Anafranil etc), but it was thought that I should update, and get with the beat, daddyo. Hence Fluoxetine. Well, we'll see. :scared15:
Heck, I spoke too soon. I'm beginning to nod again.
Bye for now.

waunder
18-05-12, 06:21
Hello I am a decader to. Hope this trip is short and sweet. Good luck.:)

Pipkin
18-05-12, 08:11
Morning Bosher,

Good that you got a bit of sleep - there's nothing worse than tossing and turning all night. Hopefully, you managed to nod off again too.

You're right, there are loads of fluoxetine users on here so join in on some of the threads now that you're down with the kids on an SSRI. Sick. I'm even cooler being on venlafaxine which is working wonders for me.

You should find you'll be sleeping better once you've got over the initial side effects which I believe aren't too bad on fluoxetine but let us know.

Take care

Pip