PDA

View Full Version : has anyone experienced this? mood stabiliser?

wok
18-05-12, 10:43
Had a few really bad days. Sunday really bad - total dispair. Tuesday almost as bad, upset, panicing then, almost like, I can only describe, like being in a fog - a dark room that I couldn't find my way out of - then 'spaced out'. This lasted about 4 hours, all of it panic, upset & spaced out.
Within, I would say 10 minutes, i felt myself lifting, up and up. Got almost back to my 'old self' which was always bouncing. This lasted, I would say about 20 hours, inc sleep. Then slowly went back down to almost as bad, which is where I am now.
Has anyone experienced this? Been told of a mood stabiliser called precablin. Appreciate any thoughts. Can't get into chat yet. Anyone had this?

nomorepanic
18-05-12, 10:55
Hi wok

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
18-05-12, 10:57
I think it's Pregabalin, and there is information on this site regarding that medication.
I wasn't aware it was used as a mood stabiliser, but then I have not taken it myself.
Think it is used in pain relief and some doctors prescribe it for anxiety, not my doctor though, because I asked.

wok
18-05-12, 11:01
Think it's used for Epileptics as well. Are these symptoms normal for depression? Really not sure what is wrong with me. When low and upset, I go into a floaty, heightened state. Feel like i'm gonig mad but determined not to.
By the way, I'm holding down a full time job, without problem, seem to be able to mask it from others, i.e. outsiders.

BobbyDog
18-05-12, 18:34
Think it's used for Epileptics as well. Are these symptoms normal for depression? Really not sure what is wrong with me. When low and upset, I go into a floaty, heightened state. Feel like i'm gonig mad but determined not to.
By the way, I'm holding down a full time job, without problem, seem to be able to mask it from others, i.e. outsiders.

I can understand you feeling ok at work, you don't have time to think about your anxiety.

I get the "I'm going mad", so you are not alone there, quite common I think.

I'm not sure about the heightened state, I don't think I get that, but I would deffinately go to see your doctor, he will be able to tell you straight away and the best way forward for you.:hugs:

LAURA48
18-05-12, 19:03
Hi - think they call is dp - depersonalisation. Where you feel detached from everything.

It is a horrible experience most people with anxiety get it.

I am not sure about the Pregabalin - there are a lot of posts on it here.

Hope you soon start to feel better

Laura